The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Eventing (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/)
-   -   My weekend at Hagyard Midsouth Team Challenge (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/my-weekend-hagyard-midsouth-team-challenge-68395/)

eventerdrew 10-25-2010 07:43 PM

My weekend at Hagyard Midsouth Team Challenge

1 Attachment(s)
Hey all!

Thought I'd let everyone know how I did at Team Challenge this past weekend!

Well to start off, Demi was WILD WILD WILD the entire weekend. NEVER settled in her stall. Was pacing back and forth, weaving, whinnying her head off the whole time. She was a huge handful from start to finish. That girl is 15.2 hh of spitfire!

The minute I got on her to warm up for dressage was hell. I mean HELL. I chipped my tooth getting on her because she leapt so far up in the air. Warm up was absolutely miserable but we got through it. But, she put in a LOVELY test and we scored a 34.3! Not bad for our first recognized together! That put us in a tie for second.

Then stadium came along later that day. STILL a handful. But she was better. Then after a few jumps, she starts hesitating and refuses a lot of warmup fences. I go into stadium VERY nervous. I had to encourage her and yell "GET ON" over every fence but we squeaked by with a double clear. we were then in second, but out of a tie.

I was very very nervous going in to cross country. I had walked the course and the second fence was max and the fourth fence was a turning combination of cabins. We had two banks and two waters. And since she had been sticky the day before I was very hesitant. Warmup was good though and I went into XC saying "it is what it is, I'm going to ride the horse I have". From the minute we got out of the starting box she was FANTASTIC. I mean, this horse was attacking every fence like it was nothing. She was amazing! We came in right at optimum to secure second. However, then I learned that the first place horse had a refusal.

So, at our first recognized event together, both of our first events in two years, my first in Kentucky and Area Eight...

Drew and Demi brought home the BLUE! It was both of our first win at a recognized competition. I couldn't be more proud of my pony! And our team brought in third overall!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

here's a quick shot after dressage of Demi, Me and her old mommy Lisa. I'll get more as I get the rights to the professional pics!

KIM! here's your browband! I'll try to get more pics of it from the professionals. I got so many compliments on it. Demi looked smashing in it!

BarnBratt 10-25-2010 08:05 PM

Congrats! I love your pony

MIEventer 10-25-2010 08:24 PM

Congratulations and job well done! Your results were the same as mine for my Team Challange!

Bravo!!!! Love the picture! I can't wait to see more.

eventerdrew 10-25-2010 08:44 PM

thanks guys! I love my Demon pony!

Amir 10-26-2010 01:24 AM

That's awesome! Congrats.
Love it when it all comes together when you think it's just going to go south.

Strange 10-26-2010 02:58 AM

Congrats! It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend and it was a huge learning experience!

PumpkinzMyBaby22 10-26-2010 05:22 AM

Congratulations! You must feel wonderfull. Your thinking obviously had a great impact on the XC course. Good luck for future comps.

eventerdrew 10-26-2010 01:22 PM

thanks everyone!

I'm so excited to post more pictures once I get the rights to them!

Carleen 10-26-2010 08:20 PM

Wow, that's fantastic!!

haleylvsshammy 10-27-2010 12:27 AM

CONGRATS!!! Sounds like an... interesting time... lol I love it when you think you aren't going to do well, but end up taking first!!! Yaaay for you! I'm sure there will be much more wins in the future!