The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   Your favorite pair of Field Boots (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/your-favorite-pair-field-boots-68500/)

Suzeee3435 10-26-2010 03:15 PM

Your favorite pair of Field Boots

Hi everyone! So Christmas is coming up( ok.. so its two months away but whos counting?) and I really want a new pair of tall field boots for showing, preferably zip as I have a large calf from dance and wanted to know your favorite pair.
I plan on going to the large tack store nearby to try a bunch on but what should I look for when it comes to height?
About how much does the boot drop and how long did it take you to break yours in?

I've only had pull on synthetics which were a bad idea when it comes to large calfs.. there were way too many "I'm stuck" moments!

I'm looking for..
- real leather-full leather lining if in my price range
-Full zip possibly with elastic for more stretch
- Around the $300 range but willing to go a little bit higher

Thanks!

upnover 10-27-2010 12:34 AM

Tall boots are something I've decided that I simply cannot go cheap with. I've ridden in too many plasticky pairs that I absolutely hate and a good quality pair is completely worth the money IMO. That doesn't mean it needs to be expensive! I bought a brand new pair of Ariat Crowne Pro's on Ebay for $200 and love them. The calfskin is butter soft (they broke in in a day!), I like the ariat foot bed, and I got new zippers put in. (the one thing I cannot stand about ariat are their super cheap flimsy zippers that break if you breath on them funny). Mary's Tack and Feed had some of those on sale for like $260 for a while.

I'd also check out these. I've heard they are a spectacular deal. Excellent quality, lovely look, custom fit for a great price. You do need to look at the size chart though, they were a good 2 inches too tall for me!

Treadstone Italian Calf Field Boot - Riding Apparel Riding Boots & Footwear from Equus Now!

Void 10-29-2010 11:32 PM

Ariat Crownes are awesome!

speedy da fish 11-02-2010 04:22 PM

http://images.robinsons-uk.com/produ...e/21728-01.jpg
I have these, but I use them for SJ. I don't show in them, I wear jodhpur boots for showing.

GCSM16 11-06-2010 11:14 PM

for the price you mentioned mountain horse makes nice field boots

MIEventer 11-06-2010 11:19 PM

I highly recommend Mountain Horse! I love their field boots....I drool over their field boots!

upnover 11-15-2010 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIEventer (Post 807695)
I highly recommend Mountain Horse! I love their field boots....I drool over their field boots!

I ordered a pair of the Mountain Horse Supremes after I heard rave reviews and wow..... I never liked the MH brand that much before but these were absolutely gorgeous and felt MUCH better then the $600 Der Daus and better quality then the $900 Ariat Monacos. Unfortunately they only come in super super tall... :( I almost cried when I had to return them. BUT, if you have a long calf I'd definitely recommend these! Excellent quality, butter soft, and custom fit around the ankle.

Zimpatico 11-15-2010 09:27 AM

I just ordered a pair of Ovation Pro Gold Naturals. I have a hard time finding boots that fit (small feet, long legs). Most Ariats don't fit at all, except the pricey ones, and I wanted a pair for every day riding but nice enough for schooling shows. I paid around $250 for the Ovations and they are super comfy and good quality for the price.

AislingxXx1234 12-21-2010 09:36 PM

Look around for boots on consignment...most are not in bad condition and you may get lucky and find what you're looking for...If you find a pair that fit and a good deal, you can always get a zipper put in.
I hear Ariats are nice though.
I got a pair of barely used Effingham field boots for $100 already broken in too! :)
good luck in your search and let us know!