The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Tack and Equipment Classifieds (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/)
-   -   Nathan Lamb Youth Barrel Saddle $250 Shipped! (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/nathan-lamb-youth-barrel-saddle-%24250-68539/)

corinowalk 10-26-2010 08:19 PM

Nathan Lamb Youth Barrel Saddle $250 Shipped!

7 Attachment(s)
I have decided to get rid of my childrens saddle. Here are the specs

12" seat from behind the horn to the front edge of the cantle.
6" Cantle height (crazy high cantle!)
6 3/4" gullet
5" gullet height
Full bear trap pommel. This baby is secure!

This is a heavy built american saddle. It is a Nathan Lamb original. I bought it used and in terrible condition. 2 years and lots of time and money in reconditioning, its a very nice little saddle. My kids have only ridden in it twice. Here are its cosmetic flaws.

The horn cap was gone when I got it. This seems to be a pretty good flaw in barrel saddles. I was going to get it fixed but my saddle repair guy says that he wont even attempt them. Apparently relacing them can be difficult and time consuming. I had it wrapped with white vet wrap until I decided to sell it. I took it off to take pictures but with the vet wrap, it looked totally normal. The saddle repair guy recommended a roper wrap for it.

It is missing a concho on the right side where the seat meets the skirting.

The leather has all been reconditioned. The skirting has curled a little bit in the back but nothing concerning.

It has plastic stirrups. They were what I had laying around. They work but before I raced in it, I would have oxbows put on it.

There ya have it. It is a nice saddle but it is not perfect. A friend of mines daughter rode in it once and said it was the most comfortable saddle she had ever sat in. The deep seat is nice for barrel racing or trail riding. It is a smaller saddle but fits a full sized horse. My QH rode this well. Here come the pictures!

corinowalk 10-27-2010 05:00 PM

Heres a lil bump...going on ebay in a few days if no responses here.

Amarea 10-27-2010 07:42 PM

Man I wish it was a bit bigger! I've been looking for a saddle for my daughter but she's got ghetto booty like her mama LOL

MN Tigerstripes 10-27-2010 07:46 PM

Is this the one we were talking about on the other thread?

I will check with my parents to see if they want to pony up the money to get Ash a saddle. I had her in a 12" the other day and it was a pretty good fit, maybe a little big, but it was a trail/pleasure saddle.

MN Tigerstripes 10-29-2010 01:55 PM

Nevermind, they aren't quite ready to buy her a saddle and I don't have the money for it right now. It's a nice one though, I'm sure you'll get a good price for it.

Sullivan17 10-29-2010 09:01 PM

Hope you find a good home for your saddle.. wish is was bigger!! I have mine and LOVE it.. The comfiest saddle i've ever rode in!