Very Sick Dog
I own a 2 year old siberian husky named Eddie. He's typically just an ordinary farm dog, he runs freely and generally stays around the house. He's neutered so has no reason to run. Today I came home after he'd been outside all day and he wasn't acting right. His heart was beating way to fast and he could hardley walk. But I pushed on him all over and he didn't cry any. Me and my mom thought he might have been poisoned due to some things that happened over the weekend. Basically someone told me they were going to kill my dog. So we thought maybe he was poisoned or got hit by a car. I took him to the vet earlier though. His blood levels were checked, all was normal except his gluclose was high, which the vet thought was stress. He got xrayed, nothing is broken. The vets final conclussion was that maybe he just got hit and he was sore now in his back end. I got some medication to give him and he's home now. But it doesn't make sense, he can't even stand up now and nothing is broken and his heart sounds like its going to beat out of his chest. I'm worried about him, but don't know what else to do.
Take him back to the vet...there are things that can show up later that will not necessarily be caught on the first trip. High heart rates can mean lots of things; pain, the body trying to rev up circulation for whatever reason etc, etc, etc. If he cant stand, he needs to go back. But there is a difference between cant and wont also.
And although neutered...husky's are bred for sport...they NEED exercise and lots of it and are known for being runners. Best way to keep him safe is to keep him contained and regularly exercised.
Hope your boy feels better soon.
He couldn't stand while at the vets office, his heart rate was up. They said nothing about it.
And trust me I know alot about his breed.
I took Eddie to another vet this morning, they said he could possiably have swelling on his brain or organ damage. Which makes alot more sense than being sore in his hips. He's on steroids to take any swelling down, and is being given fluids throughout the day. So hopefully he'll start getting better eventually.
Barrel, my condolences on your sick puppy. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted on his progress.
No suggestions. Just wanted to let you know that prayers have been sent up for both of you.
:-(Unfortunatly he's just gotten worse and he's been trying to get up but he can barely raise his head. I'll probaly have to put him down tonight
Have you noticed any other symptoms other than not being able to get up? I used to have a border collie who had gotten into rat poison while we were visiting friends. He got the same way you're describing your pup, and coughed up some blood. We immediately took him to the vet. They kept him on IV putting a vitamin in him, and I gave him the pill form of that vitamin for the next two weeks. He lived 3 more years until we had to have him put down for uncontrollable epilepsy. I'd get him back to the vet...or to a different vet ASAP.
More prayers sent.
Barrel, prayers for your dog! I hope things turn around and he is on the mend.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:00 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.