The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Warmbloods

33K views 63 replies 39 participants last post by  ShelC 
#1 ·
Curious to see how many people in here have or breed KWPN horses (or are just a general fan of them too!)?

What's your favourite line? And why?

I simply adore the Ferro line, they're phenomenal athletes once you figure out how they work. I know they have a reputation for being difficult, but think that's what's part of makes them such great competitors. They tend to definitely be more of a one person horse I've found.

Also enjoy the less difficult Flemmingh line. Had a Flemmingh X Ferro filly this year that I cannot wait to see how she turns out when she's older!

Reactions: Fimargue
#63 ·
I have two KWPN horses. A Flemmingh and a Vivaldi. Both very sharp, active horses. Bred to work hard and do higher level dressage. Put a novice on these horses.... Thats asking for trouble. Dutch Warmbloods are mostly bred for professionals. Pro's want horses that are forward going and very hot.

Allthough my KWPN's are the most lovable horses when I'm nit riding them. Very sweet!

#64 ·
I love my 16hh Dutch Warmblood mare. She's out of Ruben O. Four Seasons is absolutely right, though. You HAVE to treat these horses as your second or first job. I ride mine every business day unless storming, in which case I ride her on the weekend. I longe her and then ride her. I start with trotting lots and lots to establish collection and control before even thinking about a canter. I'm perfectly ok with that however, she is such a beautiful and smooth trotter. Then after she is supple at the walk, trot, and canter I then jump her. She makes jumps feel like we're cantering poles on the ground! She's the smoothest jump I've ever ridden. And I've jumped a lot of horses. In my opinion, a horse is a horse, and if you want a good mount, you better be working everyday you can to achieve that with your horse. I am a big fan of Dutch Warmbloods so far though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.