The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   UK Tack (http://www.horseforum.com/uk-tack/)
-   -   Saddles in Scotland (http://www.horseforum.com/uk-tack/saddles-scotland-68755/)

Mindbuzzler 10-28-2010 01:48 PM

Saddles in Scotland

Passion for horses across Europe - or: well traveled horses My origin is Germany so I bought Mirko 72 in 1989 in Hamburg, moved to Marburg and than in 1993 to Scotland in the same year Justus was given to us and also came to Scotland. Between 1993 and 2000 both horses competed in dressage, jumping and side saddle and acted also as my main school horses to teach pupils on. In 2000 I made a radical career change and ventured across Switzerland, the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium as a business analyst always accompanied by Justus and Mirko. Earlier this year we all came back to Scotland but the team had expanded by Tim, himself Belgian and two-legged occupationally a car mechanic and horse enthusiast also and Mona, a Dutch mare acquired in Belgium, who gave birth in May to Mirko’s and her son Monkey. I have always ridden, mostly competitive with the main focus on dressage. Both Mirko and Justus are now real Methuselahs at 24 and 29 years old. Justus’ back muscles are nowhere near as strong as they used to be and because Tim has been riding him mainly and weighs more than I do we decided some time ago to try a Western saddle and came across a shop in the Netherlands who offered Western and Australian saddle at competitive prices. We bought one of each and have never looked back to the extend that we have now opened an online shop offering these saddles. Watch our video: or visit our website: Western Saddles We do realize how important a correctly fitted saddle is and offer assistance in choosing the correct saddle. You can also bring your horse or pony to our premises. If you like further information do e-mail us on: info@mindbuzzler.com Kirstin Uhlenbrock

tinyliny 10-28-2010 07:16 PM

Kristin,

That's a nice video. Makes me want to go riding in Scotland. Actually, I have been to Scotland only once but I felt really in love with the landscape. It has a certain kind of wildness to it that is similar to the "Wild West" of the American West. It seems only natural to ride in a western saddle there.

What makes of W saddles do you sell? Are they well recieved?
Interestingly enough, the Western Saddle actually is very closely modelled after the very old saddles of Europe, those that knights rode in. So, it is something which has circled the earth and come home!

Do you run pony trekking?
Have you ridden in the US?

Mindbuzzler 12-11-2010 08:02 AM

Hi there,
Scotland is a fantastic place to live and to be on a horse. I have once ridden in the States-> Gran Canyon tour and loved it! The Western saddles sell but we have actually more interest in the Australian Stock saddles. I personally use both and a dressage saddle. There are more videos to be seen: http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhum
Let me know what you think!
Kirstin

Mindbuzzler 12-11-2010 08:04 AM

Here is the correct link:
Western Saddle, Western Saddles, Western Breast Collars, Breast Plates, Western Bridle, Western Bridles