The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Good Breeding? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/good-breeding-6877/)

BluMagic 03-12-2008 06:17 PM

Good Breeding?

I was talking to our Vice Principal, Mr. Raban, he has also helped me a lot with horses. He breeds and trains his own line. He alsa does a lot of Gymkhana. Anyways, I was showing him those new conformation pics of Blu and he was telling me he liked him a lot. Mr. Raban said that Blu looks like he wasn't a backyard breeding or anything, and that he must have been bred for a purpose and that he most likely has good lines. What should I think? LOL. What do you think?

FGRanch 03-12-2008 07:13 PM

Do you know anything about his lines?

BluMagic 03-12-2008 10:46 PM

I got him from a 'horse trader'. Last time I talked to her, before she literally fled the town after pocketing her husband's payment money or something, she said that she couldn't even remember where she got him!!! I would like to meet his recent owners. And find out if they wre the ones that beat him! :x

So to make that story short, I don't know about his lines at all besides the Appaloosa part sadly.

appylover31803 03-12-2008 11:11 PM

i havent seen any recent pictures of Blu, but he was a good looking horse.
I'm guessing you don't have any papers on him if you got him from a trainer.
Have you tried contacting the Appaloosa club?

BluMagic 03-12-2008 11:13 PM

I haven't. Can you give me some advice on the contacting and questions to ask and stuff? thanks! :D

appylover31803 03-12-2008 11:21 PM

Well ask if they could help you find out if a horse is registered.

Knowing his birth date would be good. Do you know his registered name at all? Do you know if he has any unusual markings, or brands or tattoos?
I'm not really sure what to say, to be honest.

BluMagic 03-12-2008 11:24 PM

No visible brandings that I know of. We have no papers on him. There is only one thing I know about his past: he was abused. Also, I only know that he is approx. 8yrs. old.

:-(

appylover31803 03-12-2008 11:33 PM

hmmm.
Maybe put up a picture of him on all the horse websites (dreamhorse, equine.com those sites) and basically just ask if anyone knows him or any information about him. Say you got him from a horse trader, you believe he could have been abused (just in case his original owner reads it, you don't want to get him upset), that he's approx. 8 years old, no visible tattooes. Stuff like that.

BluMagic 03-12-2008 11:35 PM

Sounds good. I will do that and put the links here. I just emailed Appaloosa Horse Club:

I have an approx. eight-year-old gelding that we purchased about a year or two ago. We bought him from a 'horse trader' in town that took him in, and we have no papers on him. We are thinking he is a Few Spot. I asked the 'trader' if she knew more about his background...she told me she forgot where he came from! i have been told that my gelding seems to have pretty good lines. I am just checking around to see if he is registered at all. Can you help me out? Thank you...

Name: Bluboi Magic
Breed and Sex: Few Spot Appaloosa - Gelding
Age and Height: 8yrs. - 16.1hh
(the following link is my most recent photo)

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...nfo002jpeg.jpg

All replies and comments are highly appreciated. Thanks again!

What do you think? Thanks so much!

appylover31803 03-12-2008 11:39 PM

that's really good!

I'm sure there's a way they could go through their registration, or at least narrow it down a bit. I hope you find out more about your Blu. And don't be afraid to contact his old owner once you do.
It amazed me how much Vega's owner didn't really seem to concerned that she was in NJ (she was bred out in Wisconsin i think) or that she had tested positive for hypp.

I wish you lots of luck!!