The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Sooo, tell me about Iberian warmbloods :) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/sooo-tell-me-about-iberian-warmbloods-68828/)

CowgirlShay 10-29-2010 01:32 AM

Sooo, tell me about Iberian warmbloods :)

My warmblood mare got bred yesterday with an andalusian and well we're expecting a little iberian warmblood out of her so, owners of iberian warmbloods please tell me how they are, do they jump well? Are they athletic? How do they usually come out? My mare is 16.3 hands and the stallion is about 15.5 so, I'm guessing the foal will probably be average height (I'm pretty tall so hopefully it wont turn out too short!) and i'm hoping this foal will be able to turn into a future hunter/jumper horse for college, my mare is a great jumper and is real leggy and the stallion has very nice movement and good conformation and is super good undersaddle altogether so what do you think? please tell me more about this breed! i can't find much online about it, since it's kinda newish i'm guessing
please post :)

CowgirlShay 10-29-2010 01:57 AM

~ bump ~

Outbound 10-29-2010 04:11 PM

Here's a nice TV show for web on Lusitanians:

Programas - Tribuna Lusitana - A Arte da Cavalaria

They're pretty close to Andalusians, both come from the Sorraia pony, Lusitanians are the Portuguese breed and I've seen both breeds described as pretty much the same thing.

DubyaS6 10-29-2010 09:21 PM

*Ahem* Just FYI, there is no such height as 15.5hh...

CowgirlShay 10-30-2010 01:03 AM

eh srry like around 15.2 hands. average height -_-
i was sleepy when i made this thread lol

FeatheredFeet 10-30-2010 01:59 PM

If you do a google search for Iberian Warmblood, you'll find a ton of info there. They do have a regstry apparently, although I don't agree with some written on their conformation page.

Just remember, you are mixing several breeds here, according to what you mares has in her background, so until the offspring is grown, you really won't know what you have or the abilities he/she might possess.

Most seem to be very athletic sport horses by what little I know about them.

Lizzie