The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Horse Trader Tricks: Don't get conn'd! (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/horse-trader-tricks-dont-get-connd-69656/)

Snookeys 11-02-2010 11:58 PM

Horse Trader Tricks: Don't get conn'd!

horse trader tricks - home

Read that and found it very informative.

Charis 11-03-2010 12:06 AM

I read that the other day. Most of the stories had me wondering why someone would proceed with a sale that has so many red flags. They really made me feel like I was missing out on the whole picture, aka the truth. One story tells of a woman who emailed the Horse Trader a few times saying that she was happy with the horse, then demanded her money back. Another woman saw red flags all over the place and still bought the horse. Another 'fell in love at first sight' with their 'monster horse' and part of me wonders just how much she just 'had to have the pretty buckskin' and overlooked a lot of the little things.
I know many horse traders; most are really decent people. Just like any other group, there are a few rotten apples, but they certainly aren't the majority.

Snookeys 11-03-2010 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charis (Post 803777)
I read that the other day. Most of the stories had me wondering why someone would proceed with a sale that has so many red flags. They really made me feel like I was missing out on the whole picture, aka the truth. One story tells of a woman who emailed the Horse Trader a few times saying that she was happy with the horse, then demanded her money back. Another woman saw red flags all over the place and still bought the horse. Another 'fell in love at first sight' with their 'monster horse' and part of me wonders just how much she just 'had to have the pretty buckskin' and overlooked a lot of the little things.
I know many horse traders; most are really decent people. Just like any other group, there are a few rotten apples, but they certainly aren't the majority.

Yeah; I read some of the stories, which were kind of weird. But the overall buying advice I thought was very helpful. I am extremely gullible, and I am a sucker for any horse I meet. So I need a stout reminder when I am going to look at a horse - some people cannot be trusted! I trust WAY too easily! Lol

AlexS 11-03-2010 12:35 AM

I didn't get much from that website, honestly. It is obvious to me to be buyer beware, I think that is a given whether we are buying a horse or a car or a washing machine.

I bought my horse from a trader, and she was honest about him, because if I did not like him, she had plenty of others to show me. Of course there are crooks out there, but there are also uneducated buyers.

Macslady 11-03-2010 06:35 PM

Went to the sight, wasn't very impressed. In the first place they are showing a picture of a horse mouthing someone on the cheek. Not showing a lot of wisdom there. I have a friend who was bitten in the face by a horse, I don't play kissy face with horses and if people I know do I just look the other way. Not my horse, not my face that will require plastic surgery. The funniest part was that Horseville is a supporter of this when just browsing their site I see a couple of people noted for less than honest horsetrading listing away.

We all have to be careful when buying any animal. Vet checks are a great way, but when it comes down to it we all just sometimes have to take the chance. And to say all horses that go through sales have problems and are bad just misses it entirely. Some people who sell through those just don't have an option, I mean my God people wake up we aren't living in a hunky dory economy yet and won't for some time. I just hate it when witch hunt sites like this pop up. Yes it gives good information, but also make sure you read carefully and take some of what will be said with a grain of salt.

Just as there are bad horsetraders there are also good and I hope some good names don't get sullied through this like how Fugly starts ripping things apart. Someone's reputation could be ruined here if someone starts a complaint attacking them and much of what is said is or isn't true. This site is opening itself up to lawsuits and slander charges so please, if you comment on it make sure you have the facts to back it up.