The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   are her pasterns as bad as i think they are??? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/her-pasterns-bad-i-think-they-69876/)

reining girl 11-05-2010 06:46 PM

are her pasterns as bad as i think they are???

5 Attachment(s)
do you think her pasterns would cause her to be on and off sound during her lifetime? Or would cause her to not be able to do barrel racing, jumping, etc.etc.?? Im a constant worrier about my horse and i often way over re-act. im worried that her pasterns are bad, and that its just going to cause nothing but problems for her sound-ness down the road :cry:. Here are the best pics i have that show her pasterns, ill also included some up close ones, not sure if they are going to help at all. If you think they will, please let me down easily... im fragile right now, been a bad week.

churumbeque 11-05-2010 06:53 PM

What do you think is wrong with them? They look average to me. Could be a little puffy, hard to tell but that could be from standing

reining girl 11-05-2010 07:06 PM

i dont know, to much angle i guess is what im thinking.

Saskia 11-05-2010 07:10 PM

They don't look bad too me. I think its hard to guess how horses will react to work. Some have glaring faults and seem to do just fine, others seem virtually perfect and constantly pull up lame.

Regardless, whatever the faults are you cannot change it. Take a moment to look at your possible actions. What can you do? What options do you have?

Learn to accept the things you cannot change, and learn that there are more things out there that you can change. It is no use dwelling on something that you cannot, or will not change. It will drive you mad.

churumbeque 11-05-2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reining girl (Post 806670)
i dont know, to much angle i guess is what im thinking.

The angle looks like it matches her shoulder like it is supposed to

reining girl 11-05-2010 07:24 PM

saskia i wish i wouldnt dwell on things like this i hate when i do this. i drive myself absolutly crazy and i dont know how to stop. and for some reason, i have really been horrible about once i bought cricket. Its like i keep seeing things wrong with cricket everyday i look at her, ugh i dont know what to do. churumbeque... im glad about that.

mbender 11-05-2010 07:31 PM

I think they are fine. If you are worried about a discipline, get some support boots.
Posted via Mobile Device

reining girl 11-05-2010 07:38 PM

i have support boots, classic equine ones and professional choice ones. Would it be beneficial for me to keep her in them all the time, even when she is in her pen not being worked or rode?? Or would it just cause more problems?

PaintHorseMares 11-05-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saskia (Post 806673)
Some have glaring faults and seem to do just fine, others seem virtually perfect and constantly pull up lame.

This is very true and one reason that it is often best to put all the books back on the shelf and just look at what the horse can do.

BTW, her legs and feet look fine to me.

mbender 11-05-2010 07:54 PM

If you use boots only use them when you ride hard. Jumping, barrels etc... But no not when she's standing around.
Posted via Mobile Device