The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Anyone Familiar With Regent Saddles? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/anyone-familiar-regent-saddles-70012/)

Phantomcolt18 11-07-2010 12:23 PM

Anyone Familiar With Regent Saddles?

My friend bought a 2h trailer full of tack for $300 (amazing I know he was so lucky there were 2 western saddles an english saddle some halters 3 bridles and a few other misc things.)

Well he doesn't ride english and is looking to sell the english saddle...the plate says "Regent Saddles" the lettering is red with a red castle behind the words... is anyone familiar with this brand? If so how much do they normally go for? It's in very very good condition just a little dusty.

Spastic_Dove 11-07-2010 03:55 PM

I LOVED the Regent dressage saddle I rode in.
If you don't want it, I'd be interested :P

The girl who owned the one I rode in was asking 700$ for hers. Looking online though Im finding a bunch of cheap 300 ones so I dont know as far as pricing

luvs2ride1979 11-07-2010 08:45 PM

Regent saddles are Asian made junk. I would not use one, buy one, or take one if it was given to me.

If you want to try and sell it, it would be worth about $50.

Phantomcolt18 11-07-2010 09:19 PM

Luvs2Ride- really hmm...well then again I don't know much about english saddles. = P We set it on his big Paint today and it was pretty comfortable. We;re really happy with the western saddles though...one is a Textan and the other is a Billy Cook I can't believe someone would practically just give those away and they're practically brand new...a few scuffs but other than that they're great.
I wonder what we're gonna do about the english saddle then hmmm

Spastic_Dove 11-07-2010 09:43 PM

luvs2ride, ive seen that in all the new regents I see online.

From experience I can say they do have at least one well made, quality leather brand of saddle but Im wondering why everything I find now is crap.
When I was looking to buy the saddle I mentioned, I came across something saying Regent saddles were selling under a new name though? Im not sure why there's such a huge contrast between their well made saddles and then junk

Phantomcolt18 11-07-2010 11:02 PM

this one seems pretty good, we are going to take it to my friends house to see what he thinks of it...it seems like a good saddle but like i said i don't know much about english saddles.

luvs2ride1979 11-08-2010 04:11 PM

Take some pictures and post them here for us. I can tell you by looking at the style and close ups of the leather if the saddle is decent or junk. Does it have a "made in" stamp on it anywhere?

Phantomcolt18 11-08-2010 08:12 PM

Luvs2ride--I'm going back to the barn on wednesday I'll look for a "made in" stamp and take some pics then post them for you to look at.

Horseychick94 11-19-2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvs2ride1979 (Post 809329)
Take some pictures and post them here for us. I can tell you by looking at the style and close ups of the leather if the saddle is decent or junk. Does it have a "made in" stamp on it anywhere?

I had one for a day an it said India. BIG surprise LOL. I put it on my horse and got on him in it. It pinched him. It felt like riding on a brick. Weird shape. Really wide waist. Leather was painted junk. Like cardboard. It even smelled bad. Needless to say I returned it the following day :-x

Horseychick94 11-19-2010 10:03 PM

Oh! And I actually ran into a dressage one at a tack shop and it seemed actually pretty decent. Nothing like a Bates but good for someone who can't afford a big name brand. The only thing I can see Regent saddles could be any good for are decoration, breaking youngsters, or a spare for guests