The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Artwork (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/)
-   -   Equine Wall Mural (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/equine-wall-mural-70081/)

Beau Baby 11-07-2010 11:43 PM

Equine Wall Mural

Okay so I'm yet again redesigning my bedroom, or hoping to at least. I've decided that on each of the 4 walls I want a differant horse mural. For example, 1 wall can have a mare and foal, 1 wall a few horses at a racetrack, 1 wall could have a herd galloping, jumping events, cross-country. etc. I will be somehow drawing it myself on the wall and then painting it myself. Now I don't have an amazing skill with drawing.

Any ideas on how tomake this possible? How should I draw an image on a huge wall, how do I paint it properly?

Also if any super artistic people who draw amazingly wanna do some designs I'd love you forever and ever and ever.

mbender 11-08-2010 07:42 AM

I'd draw it out first then paint.
Posted via Mobile Device

azarni 11-08-2010 08:10 PM

Also, if you have access to an Overhead Projector (lol, my school still uses them. Dunno about you), you can project your image onto the wall then trace it. It works excellently!

SpiritedLittleCopperSpots 11-08-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azarni (Post 809596)
Also, if you have access to an Overhead Projector (lol, my school still uses them. Dunno about you), you can project your image onto the wall then trace it. It works excellently!

That was exactly what I was going to recommend.
Great minds think alike, and all that.... :wink:

azarni 11-08-2010 08:35 PM

Haha, no doubt!

Beau Baby 11-08-2010 08:45 PM

i actually did something like that once azarni in an art class where we had a grid and put up a big piece of paper then projected the gird onto the paper, drew a grid over the pic and then walla, you fill it in. sadly I do not have a projector. I was thinking doing the grid thing but drawing a grid over the photo first, then counting the squares and stuff and putting a grid on the wall before copying it over. do you think it'll work?

and does anyone have any steller images?

mysticdragon72 11-08-2010 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beau Baby (Post 809632)
i actually did something like that once azarni in an art class where we had a grid and put up a big piece of paper then projected the gird onto the paper, drew a grid over the pic and then walla, you fill it in. sadly I do not have a projector. I was thinking doing the grid thing but drawing a grid over the photo first, then counting the squares and stuff and putting a grid on the wall before copying it over. do you think it'll work?

and does anyone have any steller images?

That is another great way to enlarge an image (the grid) Like the other ppl have stated, draw it out first then paint it. Sounds like a great project... good luck! Don't forget to post pics of the final results!! ;)

ttfn

Beau Baby 11-08-2010 11:13 PM

it'll be a couple months mysticdragon. i still can't find any images i would really like to spend the energy drawing out on my wall and painting. do you know of any really nice images?

RadHenry09 11-08-2010 11:16 PM

Sounds wonderful , cant wait to see the finished product. I wanted to paint some kind of mural on my daughters walll but had no idea how to get started with it. I ended up buying a 3 piece mural that I just hung on the wall of horse heads. I bought them from LTD. and they were perfect for a childs room.
Your idea sounds much better though.

Beau Baby 11-08-2010 11:55 PM

nice RadHenry. I considered doing that but I wanted a for real change. Plus in winter I have a lot of excess energy and am super restless because we get a lot of snow and for some reason winter in itself unsettles me. I dunno why, I'm just super weird. Having a project cams me.