The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Horses are like potato chips... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/horses-like-potato-chips-70127/)

CinderEve 11-08-2010 05:38 PM

Horses are like potato chips...

You can't just have one. Despite what my husband thinks :lol:
I've been offered free adoption of a very pretty, well bred, registered AQHA mare out east, if I can pay for the health cert/coggins and transport. I found transport at 50c a mile (which is beyond amazing) because she's a former rescue. Now all told I'm guessing it's going to be about $700 to get her here. My husband said sure, if I can raise the $$$ for the transport since he's done paying for my toys lol. So... guess I'm going to be finding stuff to sell LOL!

Hmmmm...

smrobs 11-08-2010 06:10 PM

WooHoo, congrats. I understand about the have to have more than one:wink:. Do you know why she is a free adoption? Is there possibly a health or soundness issue that you need to prepare for?

CinderEve 11-08-2010 09:03 PM

The rescue just needs more room. She's been started but not finished. She's got quite a story going for her. If I do get her, it won't happen for a few weeks which is good, because that gives me more time with Cinder! But I've noticed she's not doing as well as I'd hoped by herself. This is the first time she's ever been away from the herd.

smrobs 11-08-2010 09:51 PM

Yeah, some horses just don't like being alone. I hope it works out the way you want it to, you would be getting a pretty good deal on the QH mare.

CinderEve 11-09-2010 10:42 AM

Thanks, I happen to agree. Plus I'd be helping the rescue too and that's important. I love, love, love quarter horses! Though she would look like a pony next to Cinder lol!
Posted via Mobile Device

Luvs2jump 11-10-2010 12:37 PM

Congrats, and I gotta agree. Right now with my situation, having more then just one horse isn't possible but I'm always looking at the classified ads. Don't let the husband know that. Once my situation is corrected, I'm thinking that'll change!

CinderEve 11-10-2010 01:44 PM

LOL your secret is safe with me. The hauler has been amazing so far. They offered the trip at 50c a loaded mile but they will be hauling this weekend. Unfortunately I won't be able to raise the $$ before they haul. I told them and they said "Well how much can you afford? We'll work with you!" It made me cry. People can be so nice!

We can afford a second horse, and I have money in my "Emergency Vet Fund" but if I dip into the "EVF" it'd be my luck something would happen and then I'd be outta luck. Grrr. I wish tax season was here and then I could use some of our return for that!