The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Trail Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/)
-   -   First Solo Trail Ride, Bitless and *VIDEO HEAVY* (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/first-solo-trail-ride-bitless-%2Avideo-70137/)

Ktibb 11-08-2010 07:46 PM

First Solo Trail Ride, Bitless and *VIDEO HEAVY*

I had a great ride on Sunday and just have to share. It was my second bitless trail ride on Honey using the Rydem Bitless bridle and our first solo trail ride.

We went to Hollenbeck Canyon (east San Diego County), and took the short loop (9-10 miles I think?) which she is familiar with. She did great, taking the abandoned farm equipment, army tank things and mountain bikers all in stride. I took quite a bit of video this time too, all are on my youtube channel YouTube - lalakjw619's Channel and posted below.

The forecast had called for rain, but we lucked out and it was a day late... I guess mother nature forgot to change her clocks this weekend! Anyway, it was a sunny 80 degree day and we took full advantage of it.
Vidoes:

I <3 my horse. It still amazes me that at this time last year I was trying to make the decision to keep her or not. I'm so glad I decided to make the investment in her, it sure has payed off!

Ktibb 11-08-2010 07:50 PM

She is by no means a finished trail horse, we've only really been out a handfull of times, but she is doing great. Some things on my list to work on are

1. No eating on trail
2. NO eating on trail, and
3. NO EATING ON TRAIL!

charro 11-08-2010 10:36 PM

looks like a great area to ride, I'm about 1.5 hours away, i will have to plan something by spring.

Ktibb 11-10-2010 01:05 PM

I highly recomend it! It's an easy-moderate trail and is a lot of fun. If you need/want a guide let me know! It's very close to my place, maybe a 10 minute drive.

Cowboy Ken 11-10-2010 05:23 PM

Good work... Solo is a nice way to go...!

charro 11-10-2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ktibb (Post 811313)
I highly recomend it! It's an easy-moderate trail and is a lot of fun. If you need/want a guide let me know! It's very close to my place, maybe a 10 minute drive.

Great, I will keep that in mind and let you know.

Thanks