The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Opinions please (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/opinions-please-70179/)

rbarlo32 11-09-2010 01:00 PM

Opinions please

found this on another forum I am on and would like to know your opinions on it on another forum I am on.
ShetlandPonyWeb - SPW Forum - Index

Speed Racer 11-09-2010 01:09 PM

Opinions on what?

The link just takes me to a cover page that wants me to register to a Shetland Pony forum.

rbarlo32 11-09-2010 01:13 PM

Sorry just figured out you can't get on rant coner without being a member

Ok so the rant is weather you think that you should clip a british shetland pony to show them in a miniture horse class if they do better in that class.

(It is againest stud book rules to clip if they aren't being worked are for a medical reason. And this is in britian)

Zeke 11-09-2010 01:15 PM

I know little about this but am going to say if it's against the rules...you don't do it, plain and simple, but maybe I'm missing something?
Posted via Mobile Device

Speed Racer 11-09-2010 01:19 PM

I know squat about Shetlands except that they're small, hairy, cute, and are cunningly evil.

However, one thing I do know is that they're not minis; they're ponies. So I imagine body clipping them and trying to pass them off as minis at a show would be a big no-no.

If it's against the rules, then it's against the rules. If you want minis, buy 'em. If you want Shetlands, don't try to turn them into something they're not.

rbarlo32 11-09-2010 01:21 PM

These shetland that they are showing are one of finer boned then the typical

Zeke 11-09-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbarlo32 (Post 810179)
These shetland that they are showing are one of finer boned then the typical

Doesn't make it any less against the rules right? So I'm with Speed Racer who said it better then I did!

rbarlo32 11-09-2010 01:33 PM

Don't know if anyonewill know the answer to my question.
would it still be against the rule is the shetland is registered with the Miniture horse socity. (not that I will ever do it)

Speed Racer 11-09-2010 01:37 PM

If it's registered as a miniature horse, how could it also be registered as a Shetland pony? Shetlands are a pony breed, not a horse breed.

Miniatures are not small ponies; they're supposed to be miniature horses. Ponies and horses are distinctly different in how they look, and how they're put together conformationally.

So it's either a miniature horse registered with the miniature horse registry, or it's a pony. It's one or the other; it can't be both.

rbarlo32 11-09-2010 01:39 PM

Some people in Britian some how have theirs registered with both.