The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Reining (http://www.horseforum.com/reining/)
-   -   Quarabs ? (http://www.horseforum.com/reining/quarabs-70421/)

wannabeareiner 11-12-2010 07:49 AM

Quarabs ?

Im just wondering how ya'll think Quarabs would do in the reining circut? can you show in reining with an unreg. horse ?

mbender 11-12-2010 08:05 AM

Don't know but I'm asking about showing an unregistered horse to a friend who should know. But Quarabs are awesome. We have one. They are spirited yet laid back like a QH. If I had the guts I would have bred my arab mare to a QH stallion. Nice combo.
Posted via Mobile Device

My2Geldings 11-12-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannabeareiner (Post 813758)
Im just wondering how ya'll think Quarabs would do in the reining circut? can you show in reining with an unreg. horse ?

I'm sure you can compete with an unregistered horse, but like most disciplines, you would probably compete in classes targeted for unpapered/unpassported horses. I would look for someone who specifically competes in those shows tho, because I have no knowlege of the discipline.
As for a quarab competing, why not! any breed can do virtually any discipline, it's those who have proper training, willingness to compete and the talent who end up in the higher levels, but you can certainly try it out and see if its for you. Have fun!

nrhareiner 11-12-2010 05:41 PM

Any horse can show in NRHA Registered or not. All you need is a competition license to compete in an NRHA show. Nothing more.

Arab and 1/2 arab reiners have their own futurity there is a lot of added money and is NRHA approved. You do not see them too much in the NRHA Futurity however they do make nice reiners at the affiliate level.

A knack for horses 11-12-2010 05:57 PM

Quarabs can be registered. here is the link. The rules for Half-Arabian registry are on the link, under Regulation #102.
Welcome to Arabian Horses.org - CHAPTER 10: RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR PUREBRED ARABIAN, HALF-ARABIAN, AND ANGLO-ARABIAN REGISTRATION

Either way, I think you can show your horse registered or unregistered. Quarabs are great horses, and I had the pleasure of riding one that my instructor used to own. She was sweet, smart and had more endurance than any other horse I know (personally, anyway). She was one of the prettiest horses I knew as well.

blueberryhill 11-21-2010 11:57 PM

It will depend if you are on a "circuit" or if you are doing open shows. Usually the open shows anyone can compete on a "circuit" you usually need registered horses. I do know in the NRCHA in the MN circuit that you don't have to have a registered horse to compete. Good luck!!

Tasia 11-22-2010 10:08 AM

NRHA wise yes, you can show any breed with a competion lisence. Its a common misconception, that they can't.