The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Shows (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/)
-   -   APHA & AQHA Shows (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/apha-aqha-shows-70575/)

Mocha26 11-14-2010 12:38 PM

APHA & AQHA Shows

Maybe this is a naive observation but i think it's just silly that "solid color paints" can show in APHA show but a paint cannot show at a AQHA show. So solid color paints that are double registered can show both & normal paints get the rear end of the deal. Anyone agree?

PaintHorseMares 11-14-2010 03:31 PM

Keep in mind that Solid Paints are still limited to only certain special APHA Solid Paint show classes....

Mocha26 11-15-2010 08:25 PM

Yeah but then shouldn't paints have a class at AQHA shows too then to be fair? I don't know, I just thought it was kind of not fair.
Posted via Mobile Device

Zeke 11-15-2010 09:00 PM

Why would the AQHA allow classes for horses that are outcropped and, according to their rules of registration, not quarter horses (at least not correct ones, who could pass on the genes for more outcrops which they do not want) to compete? Many of the outcropped QHs out there have a paint parent (not all I'm sure! Don't flame me...) and therefore can most likely be registered paint and shown through the APHA circuit.

Maybe I'm totally off on that, someone is welcome to correct me nicely if I'm wrong.

In my eyes, if the horse can't be registered with an organization due to it's rules (in this case a paint with too much white who doesn't have a quarter horse parent cannot be registered AQHA) then no...they can't be shown, that's not unfair that's just the rules. Go show else where, like APHA or Pinto or and open show. If you'd like to show at AQHA buy an AQHA registered horse. (sorry that that comes across snarky in print, I'm not trying to be mean.)

My Beau 11-15-2010 09:05 PM

A solid paint is not a QH...

Mocha26 11-15-2010 09:07 PM

My horses mother is a reg quarter horse. & I do show at APHA & pinto I'm simply bringing up my opinion.I didn't want to get grilled
Posted via Mobile Device

Zeke 11-15-2010 09:20 PM

I'm not trying to grill you, just ask you a logical question and give my honest opinion.

Honest, no grilling...I even said sorry for the fact that post seems snarky!

Haley 11-15-2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Beau (Post 817547)
A solid paint is not a QH...

This.

They don't have classes for solid Paint and QH shows because.. they're Paints. Not QH's. Two separate breeds. UNLESS the horse is the product of two QH parents and before both APHA and AQHA changed their rules, and had to be registered as a Paint because it was a "crop out" due to having too much white.. you cannot register a Paint as a QH. Aside from the ones that have dual registry because of being crop-outs, a Paint =/= a QH.

Hoofprints in the Sand 11-16-2010 01:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just out of curiosity for people's answers (and please don't comment if you know me because then you likely already know lol) ;)...

Is this mare a Paint or a QH?

Hoofprints in the Sand 11-16-2010 01:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's her other side...