The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Miniature Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/miniature-horses/)
-   -   What do you think of this mini? (http://www.horseforum.com/miniature-horses/what-do-you-think-mini-70631/)

mollybolly 11-14-2010 09:51 PM

What do you think of this mini?

2 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone!
I've owned horses all my life and I'll be picking up my 1st mini this weekend :D. Shes a 6 y/o mare and she isnt trained to drive. But with help from an instructor we will be training her to drive next summer! I would also like to do some halter classes with her if she has good conformation! What do you think of her? I only have two pictures of her and they really aren't the best but I will take more and post them when I get her on Saturday :wink:

Citrus 11-14-2010 09:58 PM

What a little cutie!!

equiniphile 11-14-2010 10:05 PM

Can't tell much from those photos of her confo. but she looks like a doll!

iloverascal777 11-14-2010 10:15 PM

She looks so sweet! I bet she'll do great in driving (:

mollybolly 11-15-2010 12:37 AM

thanks everyone :) ill take better pics when i get her

FeatheredFeet 11-15-2010 01:23 PM

Congrats on getting your first Mini. They are fun.

She looks ok but impossible to tell about her conformation, from the pics. Who are her sire and dam? That should tell you/us something which might be expected from her. How tall is she?

She is probably a bit overweight at the moment to show, but you could get her ready by spring.

Lizzie

mollybolly 11-15-2010 04:34 PM

sire: 78855A Mensings little duke 34"
dam: 26586B Sleepy Acre's Dawn's Fancy 35.50"
and it says she is 7 HH.
yeah ik shes chubby and I wouldnt be showing till next summer

FeatheredFeet 11-16-2010 11:53 AM

I had a look at her pedigree. Nothing much on there up front I'm afraid, which is well known or would give much of an indication what she might be good for. I know Boondocks have sold their horses in the past, for next to nothing. You might google a few names and see what you can come up with. Could be she is related to some known horses a little further back in her pedigree. There are some Sleepy Acres horses about.

But regardless of her background, she looks like a cute girl, who will make a lovely pet. If she moves well, you might put her to the cart.

Lizzie