The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Possible lease horse? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/possible-lease-horse-70723/)

sullylvr 11-15-2010 09:29 PM

Possible lease horse?

1 Attachment(s)
hey all, so ive been looking at a horse lately that i am considering leasing. Only problem is he lives a couple hours away from me so i want to know if hes worth the drive. I just want to make sure he would be a good option to lease. okay, hes a 17hh, 7yo dark bay tb. Hes trained in hunt seat eq and has jumped before. Hes also trained level 2 in parelli.
tell me what you think of his confo and if you see any major flaws. Im getting a video tomorrow so hopefully that will show more.

sullylvr 11-15-2010 11:00 PM

i know this picture is reallyyy bed for confo but just tell me what you think. ive kind of noticed his stride looks very short

ChristineNJ 11-15-2010 11:35 PM

He looks beautiful but I guess it depends on how much time you have available and how much you like to drive.

tinyliny 11-15-2010 11:36 PM

From what I can see, that is a really nicely put together Thbd! His neck ties into his back well back, his back is a bit short (strong), his overall balance is excellent. If he is not striding huge, well he might be just lollygaggin' along there. I love him!

sullylvr 11-16-2010 12:18 AM

Yayy I'm glad yall think so I'm really leaning toward him he's my top option right now, ill post more pictures as I get them!
Posted via Mobile Device

tinyliny 11-16-2010 12:28 AM

you would move him closer, no? Driving an hour each way could really get old.
But I do like him and he sounds versatile.

sullylvr 11-16-2010 12:40 AM

Yeah if I do lease him I would bring him to my barn. Haha I'm used to driving to my barn but heck nooo would I drive that far!! Haha
Posted via Mobile Device

AlexS 11-16-2010 01:23 AM

I think this horse needs quite a bit of training, which is fine if you are willing to do that. Looks like his has side reins, and does not have any kind of collection, other than a headset. He is definately powered by his front right now.

That's not a bad thing, it depends on what you are looking for.

Oxer 11-16-2010 02:36 AM

in the pic, is he in the pessoa?

sullylvr 11-27-2010 11:08 PM

hmm im not quite sure what hes wearing, but it looks like one of those kinds of training systems. And yes he would be a project for me which i dont mind.