The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Ever tried soccer?????? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/ever-tried-soccer-70733/)

Gus 11-16-2010 12:17 AM

Ever tried soccer??????

Have you ever tried horse soccer???? It...is...sooooo....much....fun! I absolutely love it! SO heres how it goes...there are 3 riders on each team. (which doesn't seem like alot but when you're out there you want less!) So one person from each team is in the goal (dead-give-away!) and the other two are playing! So the ball is about 40 inches tall which is huge and extremely hard to kick believe me. There are quite a few rules just like people soccer but if you want to find them you can surf and look for pixs on the web. If you ever get a chance to do it...DO IT!:mrgreen::D:D:D

Reiterin 11-16-2010 01:51 AM

We tried that at our barn. My horse likes to kick around the ball and chase after it.. but she won't play with other horses. It scares her when other horses are coming "after" her.
Also we didn't play with "goalies" because that makes it Way too hard to make a goal if you have someone just sitting there blocking. We thought it was unfair.

Gus 11-16-2010 09:56 AM

hahahaha it is tough but that's what makes it fun!!!! :D

Gus 11-23-2010 08:01 PM

I recently put the soccer ball in with my new horse and he absolutely freaked! I guess that's something I have to work onXD

Reiterin 11-23-2010 10:42 PM

To get my horse used to the ball, I gave her a cookie every time she touched it. Now, every time she sees the ball, she'll go out of her way to kick it. - In fact, she tries to kick lots of things hoping it will give her a cookie. lol :roll:

Gus 11-23-2010 10:55 PM

hahahaha the things we do for our horses ^^

CinderEve 11-23-2010 11:33 PM

Not on horseback but my mare will kick a soccer ball around with me in the pasture. She loves it (or at least acts like she does) and she'll play tag as well. I went out to feed her this morning and she'd got a hold of my son's basketball and was carrying it around in her mouth. She's a riot!

haleylvsshammy 11-23-2010 11:44 PM

My horse is afraid of the soccer balls.... even with the reward of cookies! And he's 17.2hh... so it doesn't seem like much to be afraid of! LOL he's a wimp, but I love him!

Gus 11-24-2010 12:18 AM

hahaha many horses don't understand its for fun and that it wont eat them! But I agree...with both of you

Nemesis 11-24-2010 03:59 AM

My mare freakin loves any kinds of balls if you chuck a tennis ball for the dog she'll chase after it lol
Posted via Mobile Device