The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   What about these lines? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/what-about-these-lines-70777/)

Cowgirl140ty 11-16-2010 03:22 PM

What about these lines?

So I FINALLY found her....

Shes a 3yr old Quarter horse filly.
Gorgeous little Chestnut w/ flaxen mane and tail.
Shes coming from a bad situation. So she is a diamond in a ruff. Shes not skinny... but her feet need done, she hasnt been wormed in who knows how long. Oh... and shes barely halter broke. I went out and messed with her for an hour or so on Sunday... in 2 mins I had her leading. Not amazingly... but she did it. So Im gonna probably pick her up this saturday. I love her father... and was considering breeding my mare to him. His full brother was at the NFR!
What do you guys think of her bloodlines?
SIRE:
Cruisin In Overdrive Quarter Horse
DAM:
Meet Me On The Moon Quarter Horse

smrobs 11-16-2010 03:59 PM

Holy crap she ought to be dripping speed with some of the names on her papers. Barely halter broke is just how I like them :D. Can't wait to hear some updates on her and pics if you can.

Cowgirl140ty 11-16-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smrobs (Post 818371)
Holy crap she ought to be dripping speed with some of the names on her papers. Barely halter broke is just how I like them :D. Can't wait to hear some updates on her and pics if you can.

Me to. Unless it something Ive raised myself. Less bad habits to break. I plan to take pictures saturday when I get her home. Her father was a 2D barrel horse without being pushed and very limited hauling. And then I put him on cows for the lady. And he took to it like a champ. The lady im getting her from is a friend of the family... and she just has to down size. So I got first dibs.

But a little more info on her:
Shes about 14.2 right now at the withers, but her butt is deffinatly higher.
She has to be registered, so thats gonna cost me $300, but thats not to big of a deal.

Cowgirl140ty 11-19-2010 08:41 AM

So everything is lined up. Even though I have 2 trailers sitting in my yard, I had to borrow one to get this horse. But I got it. So Im picking her up tomorrow around 1:30. Hopefully shes not to hard to load. But the trailer I borrowed is a ramp load (I hate ramp loads) so thats gonna make it a little more difficult. I will take pics of her and post them monday when I get back to internet access!

Cowgirl140ty 11-22-2010 09:09 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Alrighty... so here are some pictures:
This is her tail before: :shock:
Attachment 46949

Attachment 46950

This is after an hour of work! :D
Attachment 46952

And Braided: :D
Attachment 46953

This is her gorgeous mane:
Attachment 46954

And this is her:
Attachment 46955

Attachment 46956

And what her feet look like: Will have an after picture on Sunday. :?
Attachment 46957

crimson88 11-22-2010 12:51 PM

WOW, Love those lines. Especialy the sire's lines. She's great...better hold on tight when it comes to breaking her.

smrobs 11-22-2010 01:50 PM

She's a nice looking filly.

BarrelracingArabian 11-22-2010 02:35 PM

she is gorgeous!! that tail was hideous in the befor pics but looks long and pretty now :]
haha
have fun with her!!

MacabreMikolaj 11-22-2010 09:27 PM

She definitely looks like she's going to be built for some speed! My filly looked awkward like that at 2, they don't fill out as nice as youngsters compared to the halter and pleasure lines, but at 3 and 1/2 my filly's getting a NICE little engine on her! She looks much the same, built and bred for quickness and agility!

ShutUpJoe 11-22-2010 09:58 PM

She certainly is a pretty little filly. Poor girl has some awful looking feet. Hope your farrier can get them in going shape.