The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Dover Saddlery website.. help? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/dover-saddlery-website-help-70797/)

Carleen 11-16-2010 04:38 PM

Dover Saddlery website.. help?

I am trying to order an exercise sheet off of Dover Saddlery and I wanted to get a monogram on it. However, I can't for the life of me figure out what any of the monogram styles look like? Does anyone know if the website has somewhere that explains the styles?

For reference I am looking at this: http://www.doversaddlery.com/saratog...et/p/X1-24582/

If you go to the bottom where it says "Add a Monogram!" and check that box, the list pops up where you can select what style you want. I don't see anywhere that shows what they all look like. :?

Regan7312 11-16-2010 04:40 PM

Do you have a catalogue? Im thinking it shows them in the catalogue and you could look there..if not i dont know. sorry! : )

Zimpatico 11-16-2010 04:45 PM

I'd suggest shopping at smartpak! Dover's customer service is horrible, monogram items take 3 weeks, and shipping is the most expensive and slowest I've ever seen. Smartpak will have your personalized / monogram items shipped out in 1-2 days! I despise Dover...

ErikaLynn 11-16-2010 04:47 PM

Dover Saddlery | Blanket Monogram .

Carleen 11-16-2010 04:49 PM

^ Thank you!

ErikaLynn 11-16-2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carleen (Post 818520)
^ Thank you!

All you had to do is put a 1 in the quantity box and click buy now, and it took you to that screen. Just so you know for next time. :-)

Carleen 11-16-2010 04:57 PM

Oh, wow! That's so easy.
Well I'm glad someone's paying attention haha.

luvs2ride1979 11-16-2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zimpatico (Post 818516)
I'd suggest shopping at smartpak! Dover's customer service is horrible, monogram items take 3 weeks, and shipping is the most expensive and slowest I've ever seen. Smartpak will have your personalized / monogram items shipped out in 1-2 days! I despise Dover...

All my monogramed saddle pads arrived with only 1-2 days added processing time from Dover. However, I've never ordered around the holidays.

I have found that it is cheaper to have my stuff monogramed locally though. I have a shop down the streat that will monogram both sides of a saddle pad with 3 tall initials or a smaller name for only $10 total. Dover only monograms the left side of the saddle pad.

Carleen 11-16-2010 10:08 PM

That's a good point. I am going to look around tomorrow and see if I can find a similar blanket around here somewhere.

Also, I would buy one at Smartpak but they only ship within the US.

kitten_Val 11-17-2010 07:58 AM

I NEVER had an issue with Dover (except one time when item was on back order for couple weeks, but I was aware), and I shop there all the time. I should say they are not the fastest (usually delivery takes 5-7 days vs 2-3 days at SmartPack or ValleyVet), but they have the biggest english selection I know of.

Carleen, Dover has "Chat Online" option (on top of page), so you can always ask them that way (I did it couple times).