The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Beautiful Bay Appendix QH Jumper in MI (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/beautiful-bay-appendix-qh-jumper-mi-70875/)

kmarie 11-17-2010 08:48 AM

Beautiful Bay Appendix QH Jumper in MI

15.3 hh Bay Appendix QH
Registered AQHA
11 years old
$3800
Currently schooling courses at 2'6" and has jumped up to 3'3". He would make a fantastic pony clubber or childrens hunter/jumper but is definately big enough for an adult. He also have lovely dressage basics and would be able to do eventing as well. He is an easy keeper, currently has front shoes but was ok without before. He is not a beginner horse, but he would be great for someone with the basics down, looking to move up and really learn how to ride correctly.
He is currently located near Marquette, MI. Send a PM or reply with any questions. I also have more pictures and videos that could be e-mailed with much better quality. Thanks for looking!
price negotiable to the right home

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...0_596388_s.jpg

kmarie 11-23-2010 06:51 PM

Here is a video of him jumping 3'3". Unfourtunately the video quality is not excellent. But you can see how nice and quietly he jumps.

haleylvsshammy 11-23-2010 11:23 PM

He's gorgeous!

kmarie 11-23-2010 11:26 PM

Thanks! I got him as a project. He was just super unbalanced and nervous and now he is just really a great horse and I'm really hoping I can find the perfect person for him!

frecklesgirl4ever 11-24-2010 08:22 PM

he looks really great! i'm thinking about buying a horse and i must admit its really hard to find the right horse. he seems to have basically everything i want in my future horse. tell me more about him... does he have any medical problems (now or in the past)? has he competed in any shows and if not do you think he would preform well? does he trailer? does he stand at the crossties well? farrier? vet? do you need to sell him urgently or can you wait a bit? how is his temperment? how is he with other horses/people? i'm assuming he's not a beginner horse but he's not extremely advanced right? haha sorry for all the questions...i might have more later :)

kmarie 11-25-2010 02:19 PM

Ok, to answer some of your questions...

I have had him for about a year and a half. I took him to a show this summer and he was reserve champion in the crossrails division! he was super nervous at first but totally relaxed after a bit. He is really not used to going places. That being said, he is not awesome at trailering. He will walk right into a stock trailer with no problem at all, but smaller trailers pose some problems. We took him to the show in a three horse slant load. It had a super narrow door and and it took a few minutes to get him in (like less than five) and he wasn't thrilled about it, but he didn't do anything weird at all.
He is very good in cross ties now (was not when I first got him but he had no consistency in life) and is also good for the farrier. He likes treats and getting brushed on his neck a lot. He does not like shots at all! He has to get twitched to get shots, but is ok with wormers and everything else.
Medically he has had no problems with me. He has had his teeth floated twice since I have had him, and had his vitamin E/selenium level tested and was put on a vitamen-E for a few months as his levels were just a little bit low. He has front shoes with pads on right now. He was lame this summer in his front. Didn't seem to be in pain necessarily, more like super stiff. The vet came and checked him out and said he probably has some very mild arthritis as he is 11, but he has been really good since he's had shoes.
He is not for a is super calm 99% of the time, but he will spook at things and I think he would take advantage of someone who did not let him know who's boss. He's very good over fences, but also you need to get him there, which I think is the best way to really learn how to ride. I learned to jump on a horse like that and it taught me a lot.

Let me know if that answered your questions or not! I hope that helps and if you are in the area that you can come check him out. He's really a good guy and a lot of fun to ride!

kmarie 11-29-2010 04:22 PM

He is located in the UP, so he is only about two hours from Wisconsin, if anyone lives in that region. Just FYI!

frecklesgirl4ever 11-29-2010 06:19 PM

ok, thanks a bunch. i'll take all of this into considersation. i'm still just looking and i probably won't even buy a horse for a couple of months but i'll remember ranger! ;)

kmarie 12-16-2010 12:59 PM

bump :)