Things not to say to your Farrier
I saw this on another horse forum and thought it was worth reposting here:
Things not to say to your farrier
* All it takes to be a farrier is a strong back and a weak mind!
* He wonít stand for me either, but your ad said you were a professional
* Can you come back? We are home now.
* Let me get my twitch before we get started.
* These shoes have been on for only 12 weeks, and they are getting loose.
* Sooo, when youíre finished, do I have to wait an hour before I can ride him/her?
* My horse hates men.
* Yep, I put that stuff on their feet right before you got here.
* Every time we turn him out he throws a shoe.
* That donít look that hard!
* Isnít it great to be outside all day?
* Let me call my neighbors and their 5 kids. They have never seen a horse shod before.
* It sure is HOT!
* I used to shoe, and I can tell right away if youíre doing a good job.
* Do those nails hurt him?
* Heís normally gentle as a kitten, but it is the first time I have had a halter on him.
* Honestly, I DO clean his feet
* I havenít ever picked up his feet, but he seems real gentle.
* Can you put these shoes on good and tight so that they wonít come off?
* My vet said for you to call him and he will tell you how to shoe my horse.
* He kicked the last farrier just like he kicked you.
* Heís never been that bad!! What did you do?
* The last guy I had wonít come any more. Can you come today?
* I left them out in the field because it was such a nice day.
* So, how much does your chiropractor run you a month?
* Sorry - thatís my cell phone. I wonít let it ring under this coltís nose again.
* He never does that for me.
* My horse doesnít kick. ...well he has never kicked before.
* Are you busy TODAY?
* Can you make his foot smaller?
* This is the first time he has EVER lost a shoe.
* Since heís a colt, will you charge me half price?
* I used to shoe my own horses, but I could never get the angles right. Do you think you could take a little more off that back foot?
* My horse is lame. You must have cut him too short.
* Let me help you clear out a place to work, Iíve been meaning to get out here and straighten up this old barn...
* Thatís not the way the farrier did it back where I come from.
* Can you save all the hoof trimmings for my dog?
* Boy, you must have a strong back to bend over all day like that.
* Heís just trying to swat the flies off you.
* Nice ass !
*Can you come over today...we have a horse show tomorrow?
*Note on the barn...."horses are out in the pasture, halters are in the tack room, call em & they will come right up for you they ALL STAND TIED OK.
* I forgot my checkbook, can I pay you NEXT TIME?
Those are funny :lol: I couldn't ever be a farrier some of the stuff they have to put up with. I know mine probably hates to hear me ask...Do you want to start with the easy ones or the hard ones?
some of those were quite funny.
"He doesn't normally do this with the other farrier"
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:14 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0