The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   a new riding season, a fresh start... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/new-riding-season-fresh-start-710/)

englishcowgrl 02-14-2007 11:08 AM

a new riding season, a fresh start...

so for some of us we have already started to ride...for the rest , when we look at our riding ring we see drifts of snow up to our hips( please..please melt!)...anyway this morning i desided i'm going to start this riding season with a fresh start....i' going to go to the barn, get my tack and give it a good cleaning..all of it....and i'm going to spend more time with keva. so i thought a good way to keep the good start alive is to get everyone invoved. so this is what i'm going to do..i'm going to start by saying one thing i do well with my horse and one thing i do that i can improve on and how i'm going to solve it..then the next person is going to do the same....so i'll start

1 good thing: i make sure i end each time riding in a good note.
1 thing i can improve on: i give to much treats and keva expects them now

my solution: i'm going to stop giving treats and when she stops looking for them for a while i will give her one on a rare day when she has been good.

your turn!

horsie24 02-14-2007 01:03 PM

one good thing I try to accomplish a difficult exercise by the end of every lesson
one thing to improve on I will try to not get as frustrated when the horse/pony is being stubborn :wink:

my solution understand why he/she is being so stubborn and work on it, and not let my frustration get in the way as much

englishcowgrl 02-14-2007 04:16 PM

:wink:

kristy 02-14-2007 08:04 PM

Okay,

One good thing: I can think situations and problems through, generally understanding WHY it happens and forming an answer.
One thing to work on: NOT COLLAPSING MY RIGHT HIP (sense my frustration?) when in 20 meter circle or smaller. Work on my right seat bone and keeping from drawing my legs upward when giving leg cues.

..My hip hurts today because of my bad habit. :/