The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barn Maintenance (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/)
-   -   No New Barn For My Horsey! :P (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/no-new-barn-my-horsey-p-7116/)

HorsesAreForever 03-20-2008 04:43 PM

No New Barn For My Horsey! :P

Well most of you know, I was suppose to be moving my horse to a new stable. Well this place charges $455 for just the stall! For you horse to get grain, and hay you have to pay about $50-$60 bucks more!!! And I was hoping to take lessons there which cost $65!! Worming, farrier, and vet is more money!! Well thats not the only reason i'm not going there. When we got there they brought a horse out and I took a lesson and all but this horse was the worst mannered horse I've ever met!! When I went to clean the other side she would lunge at me trying to bite, kick out, try and push me against a wall!!! and all they would do is be like no no no and give a small little tap I was like what the?!?! All the horses are aloud to do that! They do some natural horseman ship but they take it over the top! they only ride bareback which I really loved but the horses throw there head up and everything else. And everyone there is pretty snobby. So the no name person is NOT aloud near my horse and im keeping a REALLY close eye on them.

amightytarzan5 03-21-2008 08:42 PM

wow. they're pretty dumb. natural horsemanship is good and everything, but when a horse tries to bite and lunges, you need to take control! all those horses probably think that they're the boss and no one can touch them. and $65 for a bareback lesson? i don't think so!

My2Geldings 03-22-2008 02:49 AM

That is insane. I didn't even know there was such a thing as "bareback lessons".

You poor soul.

HorsesAreForever 03-22-2008 08:28 PM

exacly!! they made us pay 65 dollers! my mums mouth droped! and ya i smacked the horse pretty **** hard cause i was tired of it and there like oo dont do that shes just the queen!! im like are u kidding me!!!

amightytarzan5 03-22-2008 10:41 PM

Yeah, even in natural horsemanship you have to be agressive. natural horsemanship is about speaking the horse's NATURAL language and horses are not always nice. They punish each other. In join-up, which is natural horsemanship, you have to run the horse away before it can come to you. Those people don't know the first thing about natuarl horsemanship.

HorsesAreForever 03-22-2008 11:08 PM

lol thats what i said!! lmao and the prices are outragous!!

My2Geldings 03-23-2008 02:07 AM

I think natural horsemanship is a touchie subject. Some of the things done dont make sense but I will say a lot of it works and beats some of the "training" methods used.

HorsesAreForever 03-23-2008 06:32 AM

i agree thats mostly how i feel about! I use the things on my horse that make sense to me and ill know my horse understands. i think NH is a good way to go with a horse it give y a great bond and a bestfriend for life that wont leave u 4 w.e reason/ :P

PoptartShop 03-25-2008 02:56 AM

Wow that's crazy, & odd. :roll:
What a rip-off as well! :(

HorsesAreForever 03-25-2008 09:12 AM

tell me about it!