The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   horse/random facts (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/horse-random-facts-71327/)

Gus 11-22-2010 10:26 PM

horse/random facts

hhahahah this thread is just a fun little thing I felt like doing. It could be considered a game if you want, but all you do is tell facts you know, it could be horse related or random. Who knows? We might learn something! Even the most obvious!
I'll start:

-The sun will come up tomorrow
-Arabians are known for stamina and speed
-I know many (if not all) are horse freaks on here!
- I have 5 horses at the moment
-My best friend just joined on Horse Forum

whose next?????:lol:

Skyrider619 11-22-2010 10:32 PM

hey best friend!!! lets see...wat facts do i know.....ummm...OH!

-Jesus loves all the little children :wink:
-my brother can't think of a random fact
-he changed his mind
-"you terminate people in video games" he says
-cell phones can give you brain cancer
-cottage cheese was discovered on a long camel ride in the desert some centuries ago

HAHAHA I LIKE THIS!!!

Gus 11-22-2010 10:34 PM

hahahahaha Cool about cottage cheese...don't like it myself but ya know XD

Skyrider619 11-22-2010 10:37 PM

I never said i liked it ^.^ I learned that in english actually. odd place to learn a thing....anyway. whats another random fact?

RedTree 11-22-2010 10:37 PM

Every horse is different :)

I actually just had like a mental blank and thats all that came to my head lol

Gus 11-22-2010 10:41 PM

RedTree-no no its good many people foreget that.....FACT!

leonalee 11-22-2010 11:14 PM

- horses do not have nerve endings underneath their manes that sense "hair pull pain" like humans do. At best they feel a bit of pressure, which is why it doesn't "hurt" them to hold onto their manes!

tinyliny 11-23-2010 01:24 AM

Horses eyes do not focus the same way that ours do. In order for them to see something far away they must lift their noses and look down the nose, sort of. To see something up close, they must lower their heads. Optimal viewing angle is about 35 degrees down from true horizontal; about the angle a race horse holds his head at a dead gallop. Also, their eyes, though excellent at night vision, are slower than ours to adjust to sudden changes in light level. Thus, when you come out of the woods into a bright meadow, YOU can see sooner than your horse can.

leonalee 11-23-2010 07:19 AM

I have suddenly acquired "weanling" status here on the forum! Yay - moving up the ranks ;)

Gus 11-23-2010 09:21 AM

hahahah thats cooollll!