The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Super sweet 11hh pinto pony! (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/super-sweet-11hh-pinto-pony-71343/)

DisneyCowgirl1901 11-23-2010 03:17 AM

Super sweet 11hh pinto pony!

4 Attachment(s)
Hattie is a SUPER sweet pony ride pony. Owner just retired from the business and is selling ALL of his ponies... I worked for him and told him I would take one until she sold. I have worked with her on the wheel for a year, and have now had her one-on-one for a month. She will make one heck of a barrel or jumper pony!!!! Fast and sensitive! I am working on her "whoa" but in the month that I have worked with her she has really suprised me.

Honestly I was expecting a real problem horse, but she only have a few quirks. She doesn't like being ridden bareback.

She seems to like girls a lot more than boys. I can love on her and groom her for hours and she is fine but she will bite guys.

She is good with other horses but can be pushy at feeding time... I blame the fact she was always with 40 ponies in a pasture.

She loves to work... I would have thought she would have enjoyed not having to work all day, but she is going stir-crazy... she just needs some little girl to love.

GREAT under saddle. I have so much fun and she is a real head turner. I haven't done any jumping with her b/c I don't know what I should do as I am a western rider and I don't want to do it wrong and mess her up, but she is brave and I can't see her turning a fence down.

Hattie is a project, but she has a good mind, and isn't your normal pony. With just a little more time she can be any pony you want her to be, whether it's a barrel pony or a cute little jumper or just a pony for the kids/grandkids to do 4H or gymkhana on... she will make you very happy.

DisneyCowgirl1901 11-24-2010 01:57 AM

5 Attachment(s)
btw she is in SoCal (San Diego) and is around 10 years old. Her owner is selling her for $1500 and may work with you on her price.

here are a couple pictures from today.

KANSAS_TWISTER 11-24-2010 06:13 PM

$1,500 ??? just wondering if she is registerd? just wondering what you ment by working her on the wheel?.

DisneyCowgirl1901 11-24-2010 08:58 PM

No she isn't registered and before anyone decides to attack me on price, I do not agree with the price for a grade pony (or really any pony) I am in the business of saving horses and finding the right home, not trying to make a buck, but I am NOT her owner and I have yet to talk him down on price. I would still price her near $1000 for her because other than minis (who shouldn't be ridden in my opinion) there isn't many small ponies in our area.

As for the Wheel I am talking about a pony wheel, where 4-8 ponies walk in circles for kids to ride. I figured this was the only thing she has done, but she was trained under saddle as a 5 year old.

CheyAut 11-27-2010 07:08 AM

She's cute :)

DisneyCowgirl1901 11-27-2010 09:26 PM

She's a good girl and she just LOVES going out on trail. She never wants to go home. The owner finally dropped the price to $1200, which since I am now working with her under saddle she is on her way to being worth every penny.

I hope she finds a home soon.