The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   What are you afraid of? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/what-you-afraid-71358/)

TheRoughrider21 11-23-2010 11:32 AM

What are you afraid of?

This topic came to mind because I'm deathly afraid of spiders and there's currently a huge black and brown one in my kitchen on the cupboard door...and I'm the only one home.

I'm so afraid of spiders that I start to sweat and shake and freak out and lose all sense of mind. There was one time when there was one outside my window and I was almost in tears so I had to turn away. I get this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach too. I'm also afraid of heights but I can usually control it better than my fear for spiders. So what are your phobias?(I guess thats what you would call them.)

Katesrider011 11-23-2010 11:51 AM

I'm afraid of large things underwater. Like tree stumps and such, If I'm swimming in a lake and I touch a branch or stump or something I'll freak out. It's a strange phobia but yes that's scary to me. Same with boat propellers :shock: If I'm at the back of a big boat I won't lean over and I feel the need to get away from that area. Strange as well but yeah...

GreyRay 11-23-2010 12:04 PM

Things on the bottom of a lake. *shivers* YUK. Its like "W. T. F. Am I stepping on?"
Posted via Mobile Device

Katesrider011 11-23-2010 12:05 PM

Yes. They freak me out

Sophie19 11-23-2010 12:05 PM

I don't like the dark. It makes me nervous not being able to see whats around me. I feel the the same way in heavy fog.

TaMMa89 11-23-2010 12:16 PM

Vomiting. I'll go nuts if I start to feel sick and/or have to vomit.

mbender 11-23-2010 12:25 PM

OOoooo yuk on the spiders! Can't stand em. Now it depends on the size but most spiders and certain insects. WILL NOT swim in a lake or pond. Don't like the dark either. Don't like to go out of the house when its dark. Can't think of much else but I have a reason on the lake swimming phobia. Went camping with my parents when I was younger and we swam in the lake to one of those floating decks? Well it was going on dusk and the freaken bluegills surfaced all around the deck. Well everyone jumped in to go back to shore except me and I had to get in to get back. Nothing but fear got me back. Felt like I was jumping into a school of piranhas. Weird? Yep! Don't care, won't do it again! Won't go ice fishing, and a huge fear is crashing into a lake or river. Never happened but anytime I'm driving near water I think about it.
Posted via Mobile Device

GeminiJumper 11-23-2010 12:30 PM

Honestly, I'm scared of death and/or losing loved ones.

On a more normal level, I'm terrified of really high heights. lol

RusticWildFire 11-23-2010 01:43 PM

Spiders for me, most certainly. Yuck, yuck, yuck...

Katesrider011 11-23-2010 01:45 PM

Spiders don't scare me, unless they crawl on me and that is an exception.