The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mare Magic for geldings?

9K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Delfina 
#1 ·
I am curious to know who has tried this and what you think. I just started my guy on it because he is the world's spookiest gelding. He doesn't bolt but he does spin or jump to the side which does wonders for your seat but also starts to rip at your confidence after a while. I strongly suspect that this is an evasion/boredom problem because it is a very off and on thing, he has been completely worked up by multiple veterinarians and has no visual deficits for sure. I figure it can't hurt him and it is so cheap and I know so many clients who love it for their mares, it might be worth a shot. What do you guys think?? What has been your personal experience.

#2 ·
I have a friend with a 12yo OTTB gelding on Mare Magic. She says it has done wonders for him. He was pretty...well, your typical OTTB. High strung, high maintenance, in need of a confident, strong handler...which she is not so much. But she says it has worked really well on him and has helped with his attitude tremendously.

#5 ·
I'm in love with it! My mare's been on it about a week and we've gone from Miss Crankypants the earless horse to a complete happy lovebug I couldn't get to stand farther than 1" away from me when I was attempting to muck out her stall today. She absolutely detests being loved on, now she can't get enough. I think she'd climb in my lap if she could!

Now she has always been as non-spooky as you can get (trust me, we've tried to find something for her to spook at.... nope. Even when the idiot UPS driver floored his truck 5" away from her, all I got was a minuscule shudder and a glare) so I can't speak for it helping with that. All around crankyness, it seems to work wonders!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.