The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   What do YOU do for a living? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/what-do-you-do-living-7152/)

My2Geldings 03-22-2008 05:24 AM

What do YOU do for a living?

Let's what everyone does!

I work as a Paramedic so I work shift hours and was curious as to how many if any forumers also work shifts. I know I tend to come on here during the night while on call. I find that my name ends up being practically in every section as everyone is asleep and we get no responses!

What does everyone do for a living?

meggymoo 03-22-2008 05:43 AM

:shock: A Paramedic. Do you enjoy your job? I'd of loved to have done something like that.
My husband and father in law have their own recycling business. I do all the accounts and wages etc. I really enjoy my job, and as I only do four hours a day, four/five days a week it allows me to have lots of quality time with the kids and gee gee's! :D

My2Geldings 03-22-2008 06:52 AM

I love it :D

Bitless 03-22-2008 07:24 AM

Im a student at an art school/ uni. Is the best thing ever, so fun.
I am there Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, 9.30am till 4.30pm, except Tusedays i leave at 2 because i volunteer at the SPCA from 3 till 5pm. Then on Thursday, Friday Saterday i work in a hotel as a house keeper from 8.30 till ...well whenever i finnish which varys usially from 2pm till 3.30 sometimes.....so yea.

Well thats me most of the time, and on holidays i get to go home for 2 and a half weeks to see my lovely horses :D

Vidaloco 03-22-2008 08:50 AM

M2G I never noticed your post time being in the wee hours of the morning. I get in here as early as 4-5am but just cause I'm an early riser. I am semi-retired, just take care of the hubby and farm. I worked 15 years in dispatch/communications for a large aircraft company. I worked the 4:30pm to midnight shift the whole time I was there. Our little town is always looking for 911 dispatchers and I often think of applying but not sure if I could do the stress anymore.

Appyt 03-22-2008 09:58 AM

Even tho it was never my intent I seem to have worked in food service for the most part.. I worked at the local cafe for 12 yrs, quit to babysit my granddaughter after my sons divorce.. Now I am Lunchlady at the Primary school(k-2grade) so I am off work when school is out etc.. Helps with the babysitting aspect.. Otherwise I've been a homemaker.

JustDressageIt 03-23-2008 03:06 AM

Receptionist at the moment :P

ilovemyhorsies 03-23-2008 03:42 AM

i clean at a hardware shop on thursdays (4:30pm - 7:00pm...or 6:00...i think lol!) and saturdays..

just started last week!! its where my step-mum works and where my 2 older sisters used to work so i know heaps of people there

twodozenroses 03-23-2008 08:32 AM

I am a poor student and i have a job cleaning at a small buisness

LadyDreamer 03-23-2008 09:56 PM

Hey, my brother is a Paramedic. How cool is that.

Right now I am a movie theater supervisor. I won't count myself a manager until I get my keys. Soon though, I will be going to school. I'll try to find a job in that town, or see if some of our family friends needs a groom.