The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What do YOU do for a living?

3K views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  kim_angel 
#1 ·
Let's what everyone does!

I work as a Paramedic so I work shift hours and was curious as to how many if any forumers also work shifts. I know I tend to come on here during the night while on call. I find that my name ends up being practically in every section as everyone is asleep and we get no responses!

What does everyone do for a living?

#2 ·
:shock: A Paramedic. Do you enjoy your job? I'd of loved to have done something like that.
My husband and father in law have their own recycling business. I do all the accounts and wages etc. I really enjoy my job, and as I only do four hours a day, four/five days a week it allows me to have lots of quality time with the kids and gee gee's! :D

#4 ·
Im a student at an art school/ uni. Is the best thing ever, so fun.
I am there Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, 9.30am till 4.30pm, except Tusedays i leave at 2 because i volunteer at the SPCA from 3 till 5pm. Then on Thursday, Friday Saterday i work in a hotel as a house keeper from 8.30 till ...well whenever i finnish which varys usially from 2pm till 3.30 sometimes.....so yea.

Well thats me most of the time, and on holidays i get to go home for 2 and a half weeks to see my lovely horses :D

#5 ·
M2G I never noticed your post time being in the wee hours of the morning. I get in here as early as 4-5am but just cause I'm an early riser. I am semi-retired, just take care of the hubby and farm. I worked 15 years in dispatch/communications for a large aircraft company. I worked the 4:30pm to midnight shift the whole time I was there. Our little town is always looking for 911 dispatchers and I often think of applying but not sure if I could do the stress anymore.

#6 ·
Even tho it was never my intent I seem to have worked in food service for the most part.. I worked at the local cafe for 12 yrs, quit to babysit my granddaughter after my sons divorce.. Now I am Lunchlady at the Primary school(k-2grade) so I am off work when school is out etc.. Helps with the babysitting aspect.. Otherwise I've been a homemaker.

#8 ·
i clean at a hardware shop on thursdays (4:30pm - 7:00pm...or 6:00...i think lol!) and saturdays..

just started last week!! its where my step-mum works and where my 2 older sisters used to work so i know heaps of people there

#12 ·
i work with my fiance managing the phone, doing copies and taking orders for business cards, web design, t-shirts.. any orders really. And since we're still new, we don't have too many people in at once, so i'm on here basically the whole day. I work from 10-6 but we always stay later til about 9 sometimes.

but i do get to leave during the day to visit the horses, so that's rather nice.

before i was working with Tom, well even before we started dating/got engaged, i was working at a dog kennel. I loved working with my previous boss, but she sold it to these other people and while they did a lovely job on the place, the people were real snobs and such. The 2 bosses went on vacation and i was like the next person in charge, but i started my shift at 12, and one day when i came in, the owner's wife said that they didn't need me that day, and basically fired me on the spot. She had no right doing it, but whatever. I'm over it now, but it just annoys me how she did it.

hmm maybe i'm not over it. Oh well. I got a better job and i don't have to clean up doggie doo anymore

#13 ·
I work at a pig farm (18-20k head). It's gross, but interesting work (castrating,tagging,reaching,vaccinating, etc...) It was a huge shock to me, as I was uneasy about excepting the job because of the whole "animal rights" issues, but absolutely love it, and due to the extreme labor shortage, its easy to advance. Its shift work, 10days on, 4 off. I also break/flip horses on the side, but that pretty much just pays for itself, and about $200 extra.

#16 ·
that's cool my husband is a ems, right now i'm a full time stay at home mom, i manage our small farm while my husband works as a sheriff dept/ corections officer in a small town,.....lol. ....Vidaloco being a small town dispatcher is not a stressful job... (not that much) most of the time the guys who are stuck inside working end up searching out ebay must of the night

#18 ·
what we do for a liveing

I am retired on disablity and we operate a small rescue stable , and i buy and sell new and used tack here at the ranch and on ebay as well. My wife NIKI works full time for a company 30 miles from home and i also am the Daddy to HANNAH 5 and christian 7 which is about as tough a job as working horses, i also gentle horses for my self as well as local riders . which i have been doing for a long long time hence the reason for gentling a horse over the old ways of brecking them since they put me in retirement from brecking horses i now gentle them then anyone can ride them and further there training and it is a lot less painfull and i eat a lot less real estate in the process Dave

#19 ·
I am the Purchasing Agent (manager) and Inventory Control Manager for a outdoor point of purchase sign manufacturing company.

Boring stuff. But at least I have my own office and during downtime I check out the internet websites. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.