The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Collegiate Graduate? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/collegiate-graduate-71576/)

RidingTowardsGrace 11-26-2010 02:11 PM

Collegiate Graduate?

Collegiate Graduate, Used English Saddle - Bucks County Saddlery - Horse Saddles

Opinionss please. Good first saddle? Bad?

I love the trim on it and the color. Its priced at $100. Right in my range!

equiniphile 11-26-2010 02:18 PM

Priced pretty cheap for its make! My aunt gave me her old Collegiate when I visited their ranch and it is the most comfortable saddle. It's not a close contact saddle, I think it's a jumping saddle, but I love Collegiates now.

RidingTowardsGrace 11-26-2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equiniphile (Post 829633)
Priced pretty cheap for its make! My aunt gave me her old Collegiate when I visited their ranch and it is the most comfortable saddle. It's not a close contact saddle, I think it's a jumping saddle, but I love Collegiates now.

Thanks for the reply, thats what I was thinking! I saw the price and was like, wow thats pretty cheap! A lot of their used saddles are at pretty decent prices too!

They labeled it as a Close Contact, but I could use a jumping saddle just as well for schooling and hunter shows right? I do jump after all :P

equiniphile 11-26-2010 02:24 PM

I think yours is a CC, I was saying that mine is a jumping saddle ;-)

RidingTowardsGrace 11-26-2010 02:31 PM

Oh! My bad. I thought you were referring to the one I posted.

luvs2ride1979 11-27-2010 10:27 PM

It's priced cheap because plain flaps are not in style for shows. That style of saddle is very hard to sell used. I know more than a few tack shops that won't take them in for consignment or trade.

Collegiates are good saddles though. I would ask Bucks if the padding is in good shape or if it will need to be reflocked anytime soon.

RidingTowardsGrace 11-27-2010 10:58 PM

Okay thanks for the info. I didnt buy it though, we went with a Stubben instead. But I may buy this if its still here in a week or so.

franknbeans 11-29-2010 07:31 AM

Interesting that this one says it is available with sueded flaps, knee rolls, etc...they must have several? Makes me wonder. They only show the one pic, I would wonder if the others are in the same condition.

Let me know if you want pics of the one I have-same style as this one, but less used.

RidingTowardsGrace 11-29-2010 08:32 AM

They dont have others, just that one. I think they meant it can come in those as well. And no it's okay. Not yet. I bought a stubben, but I may need a second saddle Ina week or so so I will contact you if I do.
Posted via Mobile Device

ErikaLynn 11-30-2010 02:36 PM

Collegiates are, i think, cheap saddles. But they aren't awful. If you need a low priced saddle right away, that seems like a good choice.

I live right near Bucks County Saddlery..I thought it was funny you found a saddle there..it's like the only tack shop close by around here.