The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   What makes your horse yours? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/what-makes-your-horse-yours-71627/)

xostallion 11-27-2010 02:25 AM

What makes your horse yours?

It kinda bothers me a little bit when i watch shows and listen to people around me and they go on and on about how either they want to put a horse down because it doesnt have the right genes or color or talent. I mean yeah i guess to a certain extent there is a limit to it but it really bugs me when others criticize because they're horse has something wrong with it.

I just recently posted a thread for my stud. Hes mine, hes great, hes a true black & yeah i got told hes cow-hocked, steed pastures and all this fun stuff and im thinking to myself, "does it really matter?"

Its not like i wasnt asking for it, i mean you can call my horses ugly and stupid and they should be put down but chances are im going to tell you to shove it because they are my horses. They have a special connection with me from the minute i saw them. Im not out to win a race, barrels, reining, jumping, dressage, all that fun stuff everybody spends thousands of dollars on because they want top branded horses. I mean to me its stupidpersonally. Its just my opinion but i want to hear yours.

What is it about your horses that makes you connected to them?

For me its their personalities, most of my horses were saved from slaughter, 3 wern't but with all my horses there is something special. So does it bug you that others point out all their flaws? Because they dont have papers? Because they have names on their papers nobodys ever heard of?

Hmm..thoughts?

PintoTess 11-27-2010 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xostallion (Post 830448)
It kinda bothers me a little bit when i watch shows and listen to people around me and they go on and on about how either they want to put a horse down because it doesnt have the right genes or color or talent. I mean yeah i guess to a certain extent there is a limit to it but it really bugs me when others criticize because they're horse has something wrong with it.

I just recently posted a thread for my stud. Hes mine, hes great, hes a true black & yeah i got told hes cow-hocked, steed pastures and all this fun stuff and im thinking to myself, "does it really matter?"

Its not like i wasnt asking for it, i mean you can call my horses ugly and stupid and they should be put down but chances are im going to tell you to shove it because they are my horses. They have a special connection with me from the minute i saw them. Im not out to win a race, barrels, reining, jumping, dressage, all that fun stuff everybody spends thousands of dollars on because they want top branded horses. I mean to me its stupidpersonally. Its just my opinion but i want to hear yours.

What is it about your horses that makes you connected to them?

For me its their personalities, most of my horses were saved from slaughter, 3 wern't but with all my horses there is something special. So does it bug you that others point out all their flaws? Because they dont have papers? Because they have names on their papers nobodys ever heard of?

Hmm..thoughts?

well im sorry for calling your stud cow hocked then:-x, and i love my horse cos she is unique and beautiful. peopel at pony club look at her and go "oh a pinto" and it makes me really upset to hear them say this, even my best friend said to me "if there were two horses i was looking at to buy and one was a piggy bay and the other was a sweet and quiet pinto, i would buy the bay cos no one looks at pintos" well this made me feel like tess was just an outcast. but the thing is she really is a beautiful horse and i love her very much and wouldnt get rid of her for the world.

ily tess

xostallion 11-27-2010 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PintoTess (Post 830556)
well im sorry for calling your stud cow hocked then:-x, and i love my horse cos she is unique and beautiful. peopel at pony club look at her and go "oh a pinto" and it makes me really upset to hear them say this, even my best friend said to me "if there were two horses i was looking at to buy and one was a piggy bay and the other was a sweet and quiet pinto, i would buy the bay cos no one looks at pintos" well this made me feel like tess was just an outcast. but the thing is she really is a beautiful horse and i love her very much and wouldnt get rid of her for the world.

ily tess

HAHA! oh dont worry about it, i mean i dont really care what ppl think of my horses, weather they are cow-hocked or not, i was just simply pointing out the fact that some people are really only looking for blood lines and not just the horse. It just bugs me a little thats all. =)

PintoTess 11-27-2010 03:27 AM

hahahah lol :D i think he will make a great sire! a little cow hocked isnt gonna change anything, it will still produce a lovely foal depending on the mare as well and i would breed out of him. im sure he will fill out as he matures
psstt, and between me and you, i know a little filly that grew out of cow hocks, my Tess.

To anyone reading this besides the thread starter, dont judge what i said please :D

xostallion 11-27-2010 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PintoTess (Post 830588)
hahahah lol :D i think he will make a great sire! a little cow hocked isnt gonna change anything, it will still produce a lovely foal depending on the mare as well and i would breed out of him. im sure he will fill out as he matures
psstt, and between me and you, i know a little filly that grew out of cow hocks, my Tess.

To anyone reading this besides the thread starter, dont judge what i said please :D

Lol oh your funny, i think hes a great boy anyway, people can say what they want, in the end if i think hes going to produce amazing foals then i will think that, nothing will change that. =)

I personally dont think hes cow-hocked tho, im pretty sure its how hes standing when i took the pictures, ill have to take some of his butt soon to prove it.

PintoTess 11-27-2010 03:47 AM

Do it!!! prove em wrong! i have nothing against cow hocks anyway but looking at it now i am sure that it is the way he is standing......sorry i ever said that he was.i feel bad now :(

Spastic_Dove 11-27-2010 05:22 AM

No one on here at least said you should put your horse down -- just not breed it.
You asked for opinions on him.
I think you have a lovely boy even if he isn't breeding quality in my book.
I love my horse because he's my best friend even if I don't get to see him every day like I would like. We have done just about everything together and he's a good, solid, sensible horse.

myhorsesonador 11-27-2010 05:27 AM

wow harsh much?

Dont you just love it when you say some thing that some one doesnt like so they go start a new thread talking about what you said to them?

I really hope every thing works out for you.

Saskia 11-27-2010 06:29 AM

What's wrong with pintos? I'd love a coloured horse.

CheyAut 11-27-2010 07:12 AM

No one said he was a bad horse or should be put down, they simply said he is not breeding quality. Which I have to say I agree. But that doesn't make him any less special for you, or make him any less of a great horse for you.