The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   Bucking problems... and taking off problems... Just PROBLEMS!!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/bucking-problems-taking-off-problems-just-71629/)

Bandera 11-27-2010 01:58 AM

Bucking problems... and taking off problems... Just PROBLEMS!!!!

SO my mare is great and i love her to death but sometimes she buck and its really annoying. When i ask her to canter sometimes she gets behind the leg and when i squeze she bucks, when i sit there she bucks, when i dont do anything she bucks! One time i was riding her and everytime i just barely put my leg on she would buck or kick out. Sometimes she is great other tomes she is a B****... She turned 6 in july so she is still young....

<object width="400" height="300" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/1361405695690" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/1361405695690" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>

Bandera 11-27-2010 01:58 AM

okay the video isnt working...
Login | Facebook

Bandera 11-27-2010 02:02 AM

not working either.... lol ill upload vidoes from youtube but

ImagineThat 11-27-2010 04:20 AM

Have you checked for soreness, ulcers, and saddle fit? Those would be the first 3 things I would rule out. I rode a horse who was very grumpy and would kick out when you put leg on him... he was diagnosed with ulcers.

MaggiStar 11-27-2010 10:01 AM

I would rule out back pain and tack checking. Ensure nothing is hurting her bit, tack, boots etc anything then look at her life style how much turnout and feed.
Then get a good instructer and look at you cause if there is no visible issues it most likely is something your doing self conciously

Bandera 11-28-2010 05:46 PM

Checked for ulcers and didnt have any, saddle fit, bridle fit, and boots are fine. My trainer checks her back every week and its never sore. i ride with a trainer and my trainer also rides my horse when she is being bad. my trainer rode grand prix dressage so i trust her. Oh and we have had about 4 lameness checks on her, 2 done by UC davis and she had mild hock and mild navicular problems all of which were addressed (injected) and we have had checks after and she has been 100% sound. here are some videos!

In that video when i first start canter and im coming around the corner it looks like i gave her the reins but she bucked and threw me forward.... : / i might get some more videos of her from my lesson today which was outside so she is a bit more crazyyyy..... lol

equestrian 11-28-2010 06:00 PM

No advice but I LOLed at your trainer, "Get in her sh!t!"

alaskapacker 11-28-2010 08:35 PM

She's not bucking, she's kicking out. Big differance. That mare is not having fun, not enjoying going 'round and 'round in circles, is frustrated and bored. It's written all over her body. I have 4 horses right now that the owners have come to me to help with here, and every one of them had the exact same problem. They are mentally fried by the arena and bored to tears. We took them out, are going on some very long, diverse relaxing rides and putting fun back in their lives. They are doing great. It does wonders for attitude, fun does. Isn't that why we got into horses in the first place? Fun? And not just our fun, but theirs too?

You may already trail ride, I don't know, but I would balance what you like to do on horseback with an equal amount of whatever it is she likes to do. That's what builds a partnership. Give and Take.

PS - I apologize if sometimes my posts sound almost a little too ...lecturing? I don't mean it that way. I have 7 children of my own that I have taught/am still teaching horsemanship, plus clients over the years. I'm just not always sure how to communicate thoughts on a keyboard and computer without it coming across as the "Daddy" I am. I don't wish to offend.

Bandera 11-28-2010 08:47 PM

I know she is getting bored but right now she needs to get over it. My mare was used to being jumped every day and i had to put her in dressage training because she was becoming unsafe and missed solid training as she was pushed to hard to fast i.e. she was jumping 3'6 UNDER SADDLE when she was 4. I cant trail ride her because she spooks and takes off and my mom wont let me jump her until i can do my 1st level test with her. For a normal horse the stuff i do with her should not be boring, we only circle a lot when she is being bad other that that we do some upper level dressage movements with her so she doesnt become bored. I want her to have fun and i want to have fun but i want to get somewhere with this horse as she has a lot of potential.

Bandera 11-28-2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equestrian (Post 832253)
No advice but I LOLed at your trainer, "Get in her sh!t!"

Hahaha i know lol i do love my trainer :)