The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   So I feel wicked blessed!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/so-i-feel-wicked-blessed-71664/)

steedaunh32 11-27-2010 01:50 PM

So I feel wicked blessed!!

1 Attachment(s)
Ok I'll try to keep this short :^)

I'm a young adult beginner rider getting over an accident I had a few years ago that caused me some anxiety around horses. About 8 months ago I met this great lady who runs an equine therapy program and does long riding, as well. She kind of took me under her wing, letting me board and ride with her. She successfully helped me get over my fears and helped me find the perfect confidence builder horse. I'm now ready to get back into english riding and lessons, and want to eventually start showing. My beginner horse is just that - she's great! But she much prefers the slow pace of trail riding. Anyways, I found her a GREAT home, but was nervous about selling her, looking for a step-up horse, and ending up with a horse that wouldn't be a good fit, and regretting getting rid of my mare. So long story short, this lady has offered to sell me one of her most amazing horses that she has used for therapy, english, western, long riding, trails, dressage, rodeos, parades, you name it. She's a 10 year old TB mare with the most amazing disposition. This was the horse that I first leased and the one that really helped me work through my anxiety. On top of that, she's selling her to me for pennies, compared to what she is definitely worth, at the promise of a great home. This horse and I will be able to take lessons together, show, and grow a ton as both rider and horse! And I just wanted to share, because I feel very blessed and lucky to have met such wonderful people who do good things for strangers simply for the love of horses!

kim_angel 11-28-2010 06:50 AM

Very nice horse! Gratz!

Sissimut-icehestar 11-28-2010 07:15 AM

That's awesome! Congratulations!