The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

First fall!

4K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  MoonlightEm 
#1 ·
So, I have been taking lessons since October, and I had my first fall yesterday! I am quite happy to have it out of the way seeing as it was inevitable!
Some of you have posted that your horses have Spring Fever....well, I think Fella does too! He was being a pure idiot yesterday in the arena. Anytime I put the slightest bit of pressure on the bit especially when half-halting him, he would jump to the side. I stayed on the first five times, but the last time I went left when he went right!
I had three people watching, one said my fall looked very graceful, the other two said it looked like I landed on my feet (which I didn't by the way)!

#3 ·
I love falling off, its the fastest way to dismount. :wink:

I often wonder If I spend more time sitting in the dirt wondering how I fell off than I do actually riding my horse. After a while your butt almost becomes calloused to falling. I don't mind falling off because then I get to practice mounting again. :roll:

#19 ·
Well I had my new saddle on that day. :? It was synthetic at least and I Just had to hang it for a few days to dry. The only reason it stunk was because I was looking up the cute little birdies while he drank and then BOING my horse just leaped in.

#21 ·
Gosh, I wish I could be so happy about falling off!! :lol:

I really don't recommend falling off draft horses...my first fall (and my 'only fall' so far) left me with a concussion and threw my neck out of wack. Not a happy time...but it could have been worse!! It's a six foot drop to the bottom and could you imagine getting stepped on by a 7.5" wide hoof? :shock: I haven't fallen off since, and I try hard not to!!!

But they do say, there's a first time for everything! :D :D :D

#22 ·
Concussions aren't fun! I got one yesterday when I fell off. I also got temporary amnesia. It was a stupid fall - out on a trail ride and I think I got too relaxed. We were only walking but I hit my head hard. I still don't remember riding home or what trails we took to get there. My only memory is of one of my buddies helping me back on. I spent this afternoon with my massage therapist. Don't forget that the body remembers every fall! Now doc says I can't ride for a week. Falls s_ _ _ ! I don't want to come off anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.