The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Which of these 6 bridles? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/these-6-bridles-71730/)

equiniphile 11-28-2010 12:52 AM

Which of these 6 bridles?

Okay, I'm definitely buying one of these 6 bridles for Christmas. I just don't know which one. Any thoughts on which is the best or which you would go for? 2 are hunter bridles and 4 are flash bridles, but if I went with a hunter bridle I think I would buy an add-on flash if I needed it. Your opinions on which of these 6 I should choose and I'll stop obsessing over this :lol:

Dover Saddlery | Pessoa Legacy Plain Raised Flash Bridle .
Dover Saddlery | Showmark Deluxe Hunter Bridle .
http://www.doversaddlery.com/wylde-j...1-12402/cn/82/
Dover Saddlery | Fancy Stitched Raised Flash Bridle .
Dover Saddlery | Vespucci Single Crown Plain Raised Flash Bridle .
Dover Saddlery | Wylde Jumper Bridle .

tinyliny 11-28-2010 01:08 AM

equinifile,

I looked at them and I actually have an opiinion. I like the Wylde bridle, and I think you should pass on the flash unless you know you will be needing it. every time you ride in it and don't use the flash, the little stub will be showing.
I like the Wylde because of the padded crown and the way the noseband piece runs OVER the crown piece instead of under it as typical. Keeps it as one unit better. You know how when you have to pull the noseband when it gets off center and it rubs the poll and the horse is irritated about that?
Also, I like the look of fewer buckles on the Wylde. It's cleaner and you wont' be changing all that often (bits, I mean)
There! Now you can stop obsessing!

luvs2ride1979 11-28-2010 08:46 AM

I agree, I like the Wylde without the flash. I don't like flash bridles either, even for Dressage. You can always add the flash converter, but riding a flash bridle without the flash strap just looks tacky ;-).

equiniphile 11-28-2010 10:45 AM

Thanks! That makes my life a lot easier. I'm excited for christmas now!!

Christine1003 11-29-2010 01:55 AM

I just wanted to add that if you do ever need a flash, the little add on's you need to put on the noseband on a non-flash bridle look kinda stupid and I prefer the look of the little flash bridle tab even with no flash in it. Just my 2 cents.

MIEventer 11-29-2010 09:43 AM

Hey! *shakes fist in air* I ride with a flash bridle without the flash! lol.

PHTPHTPHT (_!_)

lol

eventerdrew 11-29-2010 01:06 PM

I like the Vespucci plain raised flash alot. I dislike the Wylde because it has stitching on it. personally I think it looks tacky but maybe that's just me.

Christine1003 11-29-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIEventer (Post 833203)
Hey! *shakes fist in air* I ride with a flash bridle without the flash! lol.

PHTPHTPHT (_!_)

lol

I'm sorry! I respect everyone's appearance preferances:oops:

CharliGirl 11-29-2010 01:56 PM

Aren't flash pieces meant to hold the bit in the correct place in the horse's mouth? Even if your horse doesn't open its mouth to escape the bit (which could be a pain issue & using this tool wouldn't be a cure) it probably wouldn't hurt anything to ride with a flash, so long as it isn't fastened too tightly.

I like the Wylde bridles as well--they are beautiful!