The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   I'm a newbie from Detroit. (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/im-newbie-detroit-72145/)

Dusty1228 12-02-2010 12:18 PM

I'm a newbie from Detroit.

Hello, All,

Newbie here from Detroit, Michigan! I had to break down and join a horse forum because all my friends got sick of hearing (and could never understand) about my love of all things equine.

I just began leasing a horse in September after 7 years of abstinence, ha ha. Being a mother overshadowed all the work I used to do as a kid, with my own horses and with others'. But, I'm back now and I couldn't be happier and I'm hoping to find some people who I can actually have conversations about horses, health, riding, etc. with and not get those blank stares that people who don't get it seem to give you.

Right now, I'm just getting back into the swing of things, but what no one seems to understand that horseback riding is life, the rest is just details. Everything is an interlude until the next time I get to see 'My Punkins' as I call them.

So, hopefully I'll find some people here who share a common ground and I'm excited to hear other people's stories and accomplishments.

:D Dusty

Katesrider011 12-02-2010 12:21 PM

Welcome to the Forum, and have fun!

mistygirl 12-02-2010 12:24 PM

Hello and welcome
I love talking about horse most of my friends are sick of me talking about horses too but thats ok its always fun to chat to people here :)
hope we can be friends.

kat44bg 12-02-2010 12:27 PM

Welcome! There are plenty of us on here that love to hear horse stories. Non horse people just don't understand the craze...

Alwaysbehind 12-02-2010 12:45 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Dusty1228 12-02-2010 12:53 PM

Hi Everyone!!!
I'm excited to be here & I'm so glad I'm not the only one with non horse friend issues, lol. They all think I'm nuts, and they're probably right, but not for THIS reason.
Thanks everyone for the welcome!!!!