The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   Getting new Tall boots this weekend!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/getting-new-tall-boots-weekend-72159/)

Bandera 12-02-2010 05:12 PM

Getting new Tall boots this weekend!!!

So i m going a a giant tack store this weekend with my dad to try on a bunch of boots. I know they have sergio grassos, dehner, ariat and some other brands. What brand do you guys like? I want a dress boot but i dont what them to heavily lined for dressage because i do 3day, i just dont like the look of field boots. I also want a zipper and i have heard of zippers on the inside of the calf, what is that for? Any other tips i should keep in mind? Thanks!

Bandera 12-02-2010 11:33 PM

Bump! Please help! :)
Posted via Mobile Device

equiniphile 12-02-2010 11:34 PM

I've heard the Ariats are great :)

upnover 12-03-2010 03:03 PM

There's a pretty big quality difference between Dehners and Sergios, and lower priced Ariats. The higher end Ariats (Monacos and Crowne's) are more in the same catagory. All are very nice. The lower priced Ariats aren't terrible either, better then most of the cheaper brands out there. The brands you just listed have a price difference from about $250-$1500.You need to get the best quality, that best fit your leg, that you can afford. Personally if you're jumping I'd recommend at least trying on Field Boots. Like the looks of them or not but they'll allow you to have a deeper heel then a dress boot.

Sunny 12-12-2010 04:46 PM

^ Your comments are disgusting and inappropriate. I am reporting you.
Posted via Mobile Device

upnover 12-12-2010 06:28 PM

I'm going to assume there was a deleted post and you didn't think MY post was disgusting and inappropriate?? :D

(thanks for reporting someone who needed to be report)

Sunny 12-12-2010 06:37 PM

Oh, I definitely wasn't referring to you, upnover! :lol:

Yes, there were two perverted jerks here earlier. :roll:
Posted via Mobile Device

upnover 12-12-2010 07:14 PM

LOL, I figured!! although for a split second I did think, "what did i write???!" :)

Bandera 12-12-2010 10:43 PM

Thanks guys!! What did they write lol? i decided to go with ariat field boots and then im going to get cavallo dress boots. ugh still breaking in the ariats... they hurttttt.....

AislingxXx1234 12-21-2010 10:31 PM

I bought a used pair and saved myself the breaking in process ! ahah!
If you're looking for any still, I highly recommend looking for what's used in your area...you can get some pretty good deals!