The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   Withdrawl is killing me!! (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/withdrawl-killing-me-72380/)

Beau Baby 12-05-2010 01:59 AM

Withdrawl is killing me!!

I am going absolutely stir crazy! My mare has been lame for about 3 weeks with a puffy back leg and 2 splints. She is slowly getting better. There's no more heat in her back leg and the swelling is gone. The swelling is almost gone in the front and I can barely feel any heat. Another week of icing and i'll trot her to check for lameness. But oh my god. I am going absolutely crazy. In the past 3 weeks I've ridden once and that was in a flat lesson. I canceled lessons in December due to some issues with my coach so until my mare gets better I can't ride! I haven't been able to ride Ben either because I get home at 4:30 and its to dark by then to tack up and ride. And I've been incredicly busy these past few weekends.

I am going through some serious withdrawl. :cry:

PintoTess 12-05-2010 02:25 AM

poor you. i couldnt ride for 4 months when tess hurt herself, i know what you are going through :(

tinyliny 12-05-2010 02:28 AM

Nows a good time to do some reading. Get yourself a serious dressage book, or whatever, and do some reading. Or teach her some sort of goofy trick.
work out with weights. Draw a picture. Make a Christmas gift. WATCH the horses just to see what you can see.

Beau Baby 12-05-2010 02:37 AM

Yea, I've decided to use this month to bring up my really bad marks in school. I'm in grade 11 so I really need to get my crap together.

mbender 12-05-2010 06:33 AM

Girl, that should be your #1 priority! But I went thru that stuff too! :) good time to refocus and do the catch up game. Before you know it your horse will be better and you'll be riding again.
Posted via Mobile Device