The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   My New Fjord Mare!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/my-new-fjord-mare-72527/)

lilruffian 12-06-2010 09:34 PM

My New Fjord Mare!!!

6 Attachment(s)
I'm so excited!! Got myself a gorgeous Fjord mare yesterday:D
Her name was Chubby Checkers (for good reason) but we've been calling her Bella.
She's a 10-year-old but she's only green broke. WONDERFUL temperment though & she'll be awesome once she learns to turn!:lol:
Here are some pics from today..

ShutUpJoe 12-06-2010 09:40 PM

Boy she is cute!

mistygirl 12-06-2010 09:41 PM

very cute I love fjords they are so cool.:)

kamibear11 12-06-2010 09:41 PM

Cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lilruffian 12-06-2010 09:41 PM

Oh she's a real sweetie! :D
Not sure if she's registered but i think i'll get her checked for a chip anyhow just to find out.

RedTree 12-06-2010 10:28 PM

wow she is soo fluffy

dressagebelle 12-06-2010 10:32 PM

Wow, she's cute, but definitely see where she got her name from. I know someone here who is BIG into Fjords, and honestly she hardly feeds them anything (it also doesn't get really cold here though), and they keep weight very very well. No alfalfa, because it apparently is very easy for them to get stones, and founder, no grains either, just bermuda and orchard I think. I've ridden a couple of her Fjords, and they were very fun rides. Not exactly my breed of choice, but definitely friendly, and sweet natured. Hope you have lots of fun with her.

Alcatrazjmpr 12-06-2010 11:04 PM

She is so cute! I love Fjords, I miss riding them.

lilruffian 12-06-2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dressagebelle (Post 842460)
Wow, she's cute, but definitely see where she got her name from. I know someone here who is BIG into Fjords, and honestly she hardly feeds them anything (it also doesn't get really cold here though), and they keep weight very very well. No alfalfa, because it apparently is very easy for them to get stones, and founder, no grains either, just bermuda and orchard I think. I've ridden a couple of her Fjords, and they were very fun rides. Not exactly my breed of choice, but definitely friendly, and sweet natured. Hope you have lots of fun with her.

Oh yes lol i learned to ride on my friend's parents' Fjord gelding when i was a kid & have always LOVED their looks & temperment:-) I've always wanted one but have never had the chance to buy one over the years.
It was actually kind of a fluke that i got Bella at all, as i traded my Quarab mare for her & i had met her owner over the internet when i did a painting for her. Sometimes things work out funny like that though!

lilruffian 12-06-2010 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedTree (Post 842456)
wow she is soo fluffy

I know! :lol: Like riding a giant cotton puff ha ha