The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   Sending Cinder to a trainer! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/sending-cinder-trainer-72591/)

CinderEve 12-07-2010 03:47 PM

Sending Cinder to a trainer!

I found a very good trainer about an hour from me that has a reasonable rate and I'm hoping to send Cinder to her in January. Cinder had 60 days put on her two years ago but then got put back to pasture and was handled but never ridden. I'm kind of excited to see the results. I know 30 days isn't going to do a whole lot but she'll have a good refresher done and a decent stepping block for us to work on.

I'm excited!:clap:

Hunter65 12-07-2010 04:58 PM

It is exciting. Hunter went last year for 30 days and it was an awesome start for him. Its great if you can continue with the trainer for a while afterwards. I still do and it has helped us both immensely. BTW I used to have a welsh mountain pony named Cinders.

CinderEve 12-07-2010 10:06 PM

I plan on it. She seems fairly straight forward (which I like) and after the 30 days we're going to see her twice a month for lessons. Not as much as I'd like but my schedule is kind of hectic. LOL @ Cinders that's neat!

Chele11 12-17-2010 04:31 AM

YAY for Cinder!!! (and you)

and Ginormica?

What about the Appy?

mbender 12-17-2010 07:22 AM

That will be good for you and your other horse. A little bonding while Cinders gone. That will help you too cuz she will have that extra boost to remember her manners and who's in charge. Glad for you. Can I ask how much this costs?
Posted via Mobile Device

My2Geldings 12-17-2010 10:29 AM

That is super exciting. I remember the first time I sent my gelding out for training to be broken to ride. It was honestly the most exciting phase to go through. Once you're done with that, the first few rides are fantastic as well, as you get, for the first time a true feel for your horse. Congrats and good luck with the training. Will be expecting lots of pictures during that time.