The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Western Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/)
-   -   What's your favourite thing to do with your equine friend? (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/whats-your-favourite-thing-do-your-72595/)

PerchiesKisses 12-07-2010 05:30 PM

What's your favourite thing to do with your equine friend?

Hey, I've been reading through quite a few of these posts and I've come to realize that we have a multitude of increadibly talented and a wide variety of diferent styles of riders and horses. So here is the question, what is you FAVOURITE thing to do with you horse?

Mine is follow up :) I love running around trees, jumping over fences and having Nikki just a step behind me... like a game of tag.

Brighteyes 12-07-2010 05:35 PM

I love to gallop. :D Baby Girl simply loves to gallop!

smrobs 12-07-2010 05:39 PM

I think my favorite thing (though it can get incredibly frustrating at times), is working cattle. The talent, heart, and strength required for a horse to be a good ranch horse is the most amazing thing.

A close second to that would be training and seeing that lightbulb moment when a young horse finally understands what you are asking of them.

Spastic_Dove 12-07-2010 05:53 PM

Riding wise I love to go for a good gallop, work some cows, play polo, and jump out in the field or on trails.

Otherwise I just love going out into the pasture, plopping down with a book, and spending time with them. It's the greatest therapy out there.

PerchiesKisses 12-07-2010 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spastic_Dove (Post 843390)
Otherwise I just love going out into the pasture, plopping down with a book, and spending time with them. It's the greatest therapy out there.

I used to do that a lot. We used to have the big round haybales and they made the best reading spots. right in the middle of all those munching horses.

Spastic_Dove 12-07-2010 06:06 PM

The sound of horses eating is one of my favorite things ever.

tempest 12-07-2010 06:09 PM

Riding wise, I love to just ride. On the ground I love to watch her move. I think, and a number of other people have told me this too, that Razz is a gorgeous mover and I get easily mesmerized by her movements and gaits.

Katesrider011 12-07-2010 06:29 PM

Riding I just like to Trot around.

And I like to play "Chase" with her and just sit and listen to her munch grass, Like Previous posts have mentioned, horses eating is a nice sound

Vidaloco 12-07-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

We used to have the big round haybales and they made the best reading spots. right in the middle of all those munching horses.

I love doing that too. I don't read, just listen to the munching and enjoy their company.
I also enjoy a good gallop and when Vida is in her best form in gait. She's flying but I could drink from a glass she is so smooth.

Ne0n Zero 12-09-2010 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PerchiesKisses (Post 843415)
I used to do that a lot. We used to have the big round haybales and they made the best reading spots. right in the middle of all those munching horses.

Love this. I'd go plop down in the middle of one of 'em in the pasture and Beau would just look at me like o___o ..what are you doing? .. well okay I suppose *goes back to eating*