The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Suggestions needed...to sell or not to sell.. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/suggestions-needed-sell-not-sell-72666/)

NicoleS11 12-08-2010 01:00 PM

Suggestions needed...to sell or not to sell..

So I havnt posted in a while since Dan bucked me off in October. He has been on rest because his hips were out and they kept going back out. They have been in for a whole month now and the Chiro said I could start working him again. The last couple months I have been working for a trainer just loping and he pays my entry fee’s to go penning on one of his horses just to get a colt out and so people can see his horses work. I fell in love with penning! Its what I want to do. Dan is not built or bred to be a penning horse. That doesn’t mean he cant do it but he wont go to the level I want to go. He would make a great English horse and I have no problems riding him English. So this is my dilemma…do I keep him booked to go to the trainer in the spring or do I just sell him and use that money and the money I had put aside for training into a horse I can pen/ranch on. Or do I keep him, send him to training as long as he is still sound in the spring and show him as an English horse next year and maybe sell him after he has done some thing with himself. The trainer im working for is willing to work him for a month and sell him for me and not charge me any thing but I just cant make my mind up on what I want to do…

Any suggestions?

NicoleS11 12-08-2010 05:10 PM

anyone???

churumbeque 12-08-2010 05:14 PM

You have to decide but I have never heard of a horse that has hips that keep going out. Since you talk about sending him to a trainer I am guessing he is not broke? What is the deal with his hips? Sounds like it could always be an issue