The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   [[BETTER PHOTOS]] critique charlie. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/%5B%5Bbetter-photos%5D%5D-critique-charlie-72749/)

KawaiiCharlie 12-09-2010 03:40 PM

[[BETTER PHOTOS]] critique charlie.

got some better photos to critique charlie from.
want to know all his ups and downs please :)
sorry but he refused to stand square lol

Charlie:
16hh 20yr old thoroughbred.

HorseOfCourse 12-09-2010 08:58 PM

It looks to me like he either toes out in the back, is cow kicked, or both. Also his neck looks thin in ratio to the rest of him.
Posted via Mobile Device

KawaiiCharlie 12-10-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HorseOfCourse (Post 845749)
It looks to me like he either toes out in the back, is cow kicked, or both. Also his neck looks thin in ratio to the rest of him.
Posted via Mobile Device

yeah his neck is thin because he has no muscle, hes only just been brought back into proper work, before that he had just been doing hacks a couple of times a month.

SaratogaTB 12-10-2010 01:38 PM

He looks like the sweetest guy ever, who really needs some TLC. He reminds me a bit more of a QH than a TB. What will you be doing with him?

KawaiiCharlie 12-10-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaratogaTB (Post 846426)
He looks like the sweetest guy ever, who really needs some TLC. He reminds me a bit more of a QH than a TB. What will you be doing with him?

hes getting plenty of TLC now dont worry lol well ive been training him to jump, since hes never really jumped properly just been over a couple of littles ones here and there & he tends to over jump ALOT then start bucking afterwards. so im working on that with him. and just general schooling really since hes only ever done polocrosse and hacking, he works with his head up in the air (which im trying to fix) and works on his forehand so ive been doing alot of work with him. not easy though because he thinks hes a rodeo horse haha.

SaratogaTB 12-10-2010 02:07 PM

Well, clearly you will learn a lot from eachother! He likely bucks after the jump because he is having so much fun! :-P

mumiinek 12-10-2010 02:08 PM

Is it just me or he's a bit over at the knee?

KawaiiCharlie 12-10-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mumiinek (Post 846456)
Is it just me or he's a bit over at the knee?

would that explain why he trips alot then?

Over at the knee :
  • Knee inclines forward, in front of a plumb line, when viewed from the side.
  • Often a result of an injury to the check ligament or to the structures at the back of the knee. The column of the leg is weakened. Thus, the horse is apt to stumble and lose balance due to the reduced flexibility and from the knee joints that always are “sprung.”