The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   Anyone know of a great Horse Trainer in Alberta, Canada...near Edmonton? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/anyone-know-great-horse-trainer-alberta-73019/)

JennyRae 12-12-2010 08:44 PM

Anyone know of a great Horse Trainer in Alberta, Canada...near Edmonton?

Hi,

I'm looking for someone to do a couple months of training with my 2 year old this spring/summer. Just getting her started, I'll be riding her English but I think the majority of the work she'll need will be the same english or western. As the title of the post states I live in Alberta, Canada, just north of Edmonton but I'm willing to take Georgia a few hours away. Has anyone had a positive experience with a trainer or know of someone who has? The woman I've used in the past is moving to Ontario....:-( I was thinking about Gary Westergaard, can anyone comment on their experiences with him? Thanks so much!!!!

Hailey1203 12-15-2010 10:56 PM

I ride at Tamrac Ranch, its located just outside of Edmonton. They have one trainer named Kayla Bushell , she is amazing! Ive been working for her for a few weeks and ive picked up quite a bit of good energy from her. Let me know if you want more info or her number or anything!

WSArabians 12-21-2010 01:28 AM

Me. :D:
I haven't done English training, but a lot of Reining trainers use much of the same cues as Dressage (ie/ leg pressure, collection, etc).
For a two year old walk, trot, lope, stop, back up, and whoa would all be the same in english or western. You wouldn't want to go that much futhur with one that young. Or I wouldn't, anyways.

Beau Baby 12-21-2010 01:37 AM

I'm only 16 but I've ridden green horses for a couple years now if you want to send the horse to me. If not try Tricia Dahms. Level 3 English Coach. She's fantastic.

Lonannuniel 12-21-2010 01:45 AM

Home - Sirius Horses << this is my old trainer. I LOVE her. Her name is Kim Zibrowski. all details are on her website. =)