The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Howdy from Arkansas (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/howdy-arkansas-73043/)

feistynag 12-12-2010 11:51 PM

Howdy from Arkansas

This looks like a fun forum so I had to join. I actually live close to the border of Arkansas and Texas. I've raised a few Arabians and have a couple of cream dilute (plus dun) Quarter Horses (love the cross!). Equine genetics fascinate me. My favorite half Arabians are buckskins and duns. I love to ride but I am not an accomplished rider in any particular sport. I just love the trails and the fresh air when I can get the time to ride. I am looking forward to joining in on a few discussions, although I am a bit of a lurker sometimes. :wink:

Gayle

tempest 12-13-2010 11:39 AM

Welcome to the forum, and don't worry about the lurking, it's not uncommon here. :D

Vidaloco 12-13-2010 11:58 AM

Welcome! You live in a pretty part of the country.

feistynag 12-13-2010 11:58 AM

Thanks tempest. There are plenty of intelligent people on every forum. Mostly I like to see what others have learned from experience and if I have learned something that I think is helpful I will share it. Like most horse owners, I do like to share photos though. I am pretty proud of my babies (but who isn't, right?).

feistynag 12-13-2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vidaloco (Post 849511)
Welcome! You live in a pretty part of the country.

Right now it is waaay colder than I like! It was in the teens last night, but I'm sure you get a lot of that. I could stand to live further south, but hubby won't budge. :lol:

monicadunlap 01-01-2011 10:13 PM

Welcome...my husband and I are from around Beebe, Arkansas

Kennedy 01-04-2011 03:33 PM

Welcome! The horses in your avatar are adorable! I'm guessing you bred them?

feistynag 01-04-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monicadunlap (Post 872581)
Welcome...my husband and I are from around Beebe, Arkansas

Did you experience the odd bird incidence? That is a lot of birds. There have been so many storms lately. Lightening, hail, all very dangerous for wild creatures.

feistynag 01-04-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kennedy (Post 876246)
Welcome! The horses in your avatar are adorable! I'm guessing you bred them?

Thank you and yes, they are my 2010 foals. One is QH / cremello dun and one is Quarab / perlino dun. They are like big fuzzy cuddly teddy bears but colored like white bunnies. :lol:

feistynag 01-04-2011 04:06 PM

May I say that this is the MOST FRIENDLY forum I have ever joined? Where did all the great people come from? :clap: