The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Sympatico, Art Deco & The Unknown…what do you think? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/sympatico-art-deco-unknown%85what-do-you-73165/)

kpptt2001 12-14-2010 01:40 PM

Sympatico, Art Deco & The Unknown…what do you think?

5 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone! I know it’s too difficult to establish from the limited information, but I was just wondering, out of curiosity, if anyone had any thoughts as to what lineage my guy could be. Many people have asked me if he is an Art Deco or Sympatico, but I truely don’t have a clue.

Facts:
- I received his international passport with his dam and sire both listed as “unknown”
- He is a 2001 registered KPWN Dutch Warmblood
- He was shipped to the USA from the Netherlands in 2005
- His passport is very vague, no information about the facility he came from etc.

Again, this is a long stretch and I know it is impossible to find out his true lineage, but I just thought it would be interesting to hear your thoughts and ideas. After all, a girl can dream, right! :wink:

Here’s a few pictures.

DubyaS6 12-14-2010 02:08 PM

No useful information from me, but he is beautiful :)

kpptt2001 12-14-2010 02:10 PM

Thank you!

Wallaby 12-14-2010 02:19 PM

I have no idea as to his breed, I just wanted to say that he is obviously not up to par and I will gladly help you out by taking him to be my new trail pony. :lol:

He's really gorgeous and I hope you figure him out! That's really interesting that he's registered but his parents are unknown... Could you contact the registry? Do warmblood registries keep track of bloodlines?

dressagebelle 12-14-2010 02:24 PM

Just taking a guess, I would say something of the Art Deco type line. He's very cute. If he ever wants to take a vacation in sunny San Diego, I always have a stall open ;).

kpptt2001 12-14-2010 03:33 PM

My mistake - it should have read the "KWPN".

Thanks guys, he's pretty special, I think I'll keep him around for a little while longer, but thanks for the offers :wink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallaby (Post 851109)
That's really interesting that he's registered but his parents are unknown... Could you contact the registry? Do warmblood registries keep track of bloodlines?

I know, right!?! I looked up his registry number on the KWPN site, and it states exactly the same thing as his passport - unknown dam and sire. He is quite a mystery to me! ha-ha

apachiedragon 12-14-2010 05:01 PM

He looks very, very much like an Art Deco baby that one of my old barn manager's owned. Beautiful.

Spyder 12-14-2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpptt2001 (Post 851074)
Hi everyone! I know it’s too difficult to establish from the limited information, but I was just wondering, out of curiosity, if anyone had any thoughts as to what lineage my guy could be. Many people have asked me if he is an Art Deco or Sympatico, but I truely don’t have a clue.

Facts:
- I received his international passport with his dam and sire both listed as “unknown”
- He is a 2001 registered KPWN Dutch Warmblood
- He was shipped to the USA from the Netherlands in 2005
- His passport is very vague, no information about the facility he came from etc.

Again, this is a long stretch and I know it is impossible to find out his true lineage, but I just thought it would be interesting to hear your thoughts and ideas. After all, a girl can dream, right! :wink:

Here’s a few pictures.

This is inconsistent information.

If he is registered he would have papers. That would list sire and dam. If you were just "told" he has papers then he has to be classified as grade.

If my memory serves me Art Deco never left NA and from your information this horse would have been born in the Netherlands.

IF he comes from the Netherlands and has papers somewhere I would look more into Samber/Semper.

kpptt2001 12-14-2010 10:00 PM

Thanks everyone for your compliments, he really is a sweet boy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyder (Post 851673)
This is inconsistent information.

If he is registered he would have papers. That would list sire and dam. If you were just "told" he has papers then he has to be classified as grade.

If my memory serves me Art Deco never left NA and from your information this horse would have been born in the Netherlands.

IF he comes from the Netherlands and has papers somewhere I would look more into Samber/Semper.

I am as confused as you are. His International passport has a KWPN number – does that mean that he may not necessarily be registered? Do you know of any circumstances of where or why this would happen? I am not very familiar with how this registry works. I am wondering if he did not pass his registry testing, or perhaps the registration paperwork was never finalized...

I do know that he has also been micro-chipped, I assumed they only did that with registered breeds. Am I wrong to assume this? I was told by his previous owner that when he was imported, he came over with 3 or 4 other coloured Dutch Warmbloods, all with unknown dam and sire - this is hearsay, but could it be a clue?

Thanks so much for the tips, I will defiantly look into those two sires!

*Runs off to Google*

Spyder 12-14-2010 10:56 PM

I am just not that familiar with the ins and out of this registry as I am with most of the other ones. There is a member here that may be able to help.

PM East to West as she may prove more knowledgeable.