The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   is this horse worth it (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/horse-worth-73284/)

BecArabian 12-16-2010 12:27 AM

is this horse worth it

im looking 4 a new horse and ive found one and ive emailed the owner of
the horse heres what was writen + im a beginer/inter rider and i can be a bit unconfident

arabian gelding 8yrs and is broken 2 saddle been 2 pony club and taken 4 endurance rides a bit spooky on trails and has reared once,his name is Poede Charmed One he is grey and will need a firm hand he is 14.1 hh
and is a bit of a sook on the ground,the owner has only been riding 4 a yr and has had no probs put still is a lil pushy:cry:
my parents like it a part from the rearing part

sorry cant get a pic but he is a beautiful horse

Caitlinpalomino 12-16-2010 07:08 AM

sounds alright might want to "try before you buy" though!

Strange 12-16-2010 09:18 AM

If you're unconfident (even if it's only sometimes) then I don't think this would be a good horse for you. I don't mean to sound rude, but this is a horse that could easily take advantage of an unconfident, beginner rider. It would be better for you to find a "been there done that" sort of horse that's older (probably around 13 or 14+) and is a school master. You need something you can build confidence on and I do not believe that this is a horse that will do that for you.

maura 12-16-2010 09:21 AM

I think your statement "i can be a bit unconfident" along with the seller's discription of the horse needing a firm hand and being pushy on the ground make this a bad match.

You also have to consider that most sellers understate horse's problems in a sale ad.

BecArabian 12-16-2010 10:59 PM

thanks guys i wasnt sure ether about the unconfidence but ive found another
horse that sounds much better and its much closer they said its a great pleasure horse or ponyclub/show
its a beautiful chestnut TB that would make a beautiful beg/inter level
thanks again 4 your replys its really helped and strange u r not sounding rude dont worry

BecArabian 12-16-2010 11:04 PM

do i say bautiful a lot and thanks again 4 your beautiful replys LOL

auntykatherine 12-29-2010 06:39 AM

That email sounded very confusing and contradictory! Glad you found a nice horse for yourself...I've just bought my first and I wouldn't have looked at that one!

BecArabian 01-06-2011 07:06 PM

the horse in all the photos i have he looks very very calm and has a sweet eye i think he might be better than what she has written it to be
and that other horse has been put way over priced so u never know
(try before u buy)

churumbeque 01-06-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strange (Post 853836)
If you're unconfident (even if it's only sometimes) then I don't think this would be a good horse for you. I don't mean to sound rude, but this is a horse that could easily take advantage of an unconfident, beginner rider. It would be better for you to find a "been there done that" sort of horse that's older (probably around 13 or 14+) and is a school master. You need something you can build confidence on and I do not believe that this is a horse that will do that for you.

Ditto, regardless of the rearing a few spooks will really make everything go down hill fast

BecArabian 01-22-2011 09:10 PM

yes agreed and i have found another horse lol
he is a
15hh gelding quarab 10yr old can jump spin on his back legs.ohh and he is a chestnut he is also ridden by beginer

i love the sound of this horse mind me saying im also learning to jump so it would be nice to get a horse with a bit of education coz the 1 im riding now is an awesome jumper and beginers pony