Status
Not open for further replies.

i love grey horses:)

16K views 40 replies 22 participants last post by  amp23 
#1 ·
just interested what u guys have 2 say about grey horses coz i LOVE e'm
specially dapple greys,......:p:lol::lol:

#13 · (Edited)
If dapple grays never faded out, they would be my FAVORITE color. The only problem with grays that fade to white is that they are almost never clean, lol!

I've had two flea-bit grays, and my flea-bit mare had a foal who is starting to gray out, which I am really excited about! It will be my first time owning one through the color change. Both of my flea-bits where pretty well grayed out already when I bought them. So I am excited to see him change color!

I guess black would be my absolute favorite color, but the funny thing about black is that it really compliments nice conformation, but does nothing to dress up a fugly. In other words, pinto, appaloosa or loud dapple gray coats will dress up mediocre conformation, but black won't do that. An ugly black horse is still an ugly black horse. But a stunning horse looks stunning in black! Like Friesians, Arabians, and Percherons. I LOVE them in black!

Gray is my second favorite "solid" color. :D For some reason palominos don't get me excited. If it were a stunning horse anyway, they sure, it would look great in palomino. But the color alone doesn't get me excited. I do love loud pintos though!

#31 ·
Our Horse is considered a Blue Roan, so perhaps she don't qualify as a gray? She has brown, black, white, grey, all in her coat! I sure like her, and with the black markings! Is that considered "Chrome"? I am novice when it comes to colors and breeds!
This one? This one is definitely a gray. And a horse can be any born any color and turn gray, if it has the gene to turn gray. Yours was likely born bay, like my foal! :)

#18 · (Edited)
I was just telling my mom this morning how I really love grey horse. Dapples make them sooo cute too. I also love grulla's/grullo's since they are a from of grey horse

I only like the grey shade of grulla's'/grullo's though.

Like this! :)

(this is not my horse..just an image I picked up from google.com)

Attachments

#19 ·
Our Horse is considered a Blue Roan, so perhaps she don't qualify as a gray? She has brown, black, white, grey, all in her coat! I sure like her, and with the black markings! Is that considered "Chrome"? I am novice when it comes to colors and breeds!

#21 ·
I agree that grays are wonderful, but I dislike the fact that they all end up pretty much white. I have a grey paint that is now almost solid white. The only time you can see his markings is when he's wet. :-(

(If you want pics, he's under "Dragon" in my barn)

#24 ·
I love Greys! :) I have a flea-bitten arabian gelding and I love his color, but over the last two years i've had him. I've noticed that his dream is to be Black Beauty lol Thats probably the only "con" about being a grey horse owner. :)

#25 ·
Story is quite dark in the summer (this is a photo the lady I bought her from gave her to me- I haven't got to see her summer coat yet- I am so excited!)

and this is her in the winter! (I am glad she keeps her dark mane)

#26 ·
Take a lot of pics now Story.... she'll more than likely look VERY different from year to year. Lol. If you look under my pics you can see my Bella.... those were taken this past spring and she is already whiter now. Too bad we don't know how to freeze their color in time! :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.